Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Best Sounding Induction Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Default Best Sounding Induction Kit

Hi, Im looking for a new induction kit, considering a bought one about 3 months ago, fitted it and have not been that impressed with it.

It was a green filters kit, that cost 130 quid, and all that come in the box was a measly pipe and a cheap filter. After fitting it i did not like the sound it produced, i was originally looking for a roaring sound like that of an exhaust system, as opposed to the deep bass i get when i put my foot to the floor with this one.

Can anyone advise me on a good kit that gives that roaring sound, i dont except any miracles as i know its only an induction kit and wont sound exatcly like a exhaust system, but i have heard another civic while in a mc'donalds drive thru 'lol' that sounded a bit beefier! Any help would be great, cheers!
By the way i am UK based, but i keep hearing about the AEM kits, do they give that sound and are they available in the UK?

Car is a Honda Civic 1.4 1996 hatch 3 dr EJ9 engine type.

Thanks!

Old 01-19-2005, 02:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Best Sounding Induction Kit

I use a super street filter, although I dont think you should expect too much of a sound difference. check my pics

Old 01-19-2005, 04:43 PM

I have an AEM CAI, and i love the way it sounds. I'm not really sure what kinda sound you are lookin for, but if you want a higher sound, just floor it in the higher rpms.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

a cold air intake usually gives a little more of a growl and a little less bass than a short ram one. i dont know what you have, but thats my experience.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:07 PM

while this topic is here...my friend has a delsol..z6 motor...and he has some type of short ram on there and it sounds great...i think its like cherry bomb intake with matrix filter or sumthing..can someone let me know if those are even brands...i wanna get an intake that sounds like his..its a deep GROWL i mean its so loud..i always thought it was his exaust and one day i was working on his car..i had my head by the intake filter when i reved it and i noticed it was the intake making this awsome sound...i love it...i just wounder are cherry bomb (which i only have heard of mufflers or glass packs) and matrix actual co.?...or do you know an intake that will make my ls sound like that (becuase im swapping an ls ..yay!)

Old 01-20-2005, 02:52 PM

I was after more of a growl you know a throaty kinda sound, if that makes sence?

At the moment my induction kit is green filters one, it is basically a bit of rubber tubing that goes on the throttle body and bends at 90 degrees straight onto the filter, no nice chrome pipe just literally bends round at 90 degrees and then you have a filter, no long pipe.

The guy who installed it thou took my current air pipe and adapted that so it would intake air coming through the front vents near the headlights, through the pipe and directed that onto the filter, so it would get some cold air.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:04 PM

yea the intake im talking about on my friends del sol is real loud and GROWLS like crazy....if anyone knows anything about my eariler post.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:02 PM

if ur going for the sound, get a short ram. like ohbi says, it sounds great.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

i had a matrix intake (SRI) when i started tuning. not too bad for a cheapee. it lasted for years, actually, a new filter later, and its still on my bros GF 93 si, running strong. nice sound and a little bit of power.