Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Can i get some opinions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Default Can i get some opinions???

So i have a 99 honda civic dx coupe and i just got my liscense and was wondering... What kind of headers,intake,and exhaust should i get... I want something that sounds DEEP... anyone know of anything good? I heard DC sports has deep sounding exhaust... let me know what ya guys got!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can i get some opinions???

DC sports sells an exhaust that is indeed deep, but its on the expensive side. a evo2 from greddy is slighly cheaper at most sites and also has the deep tone that you'd want

Old 05-04-2007, 01:36 AM
HCF Member

if i was you and just started driving i wouldnt bother putting anything on yet until i was fully confident in my driving ability.
but if your gonna get stuff anyway id suggest an aem cai. Many people also say the v2 is good. Its got a very deep tone in the higher rpms

Old 05-04-2007, 03:12 AM

umm..

Header: Megan or DC Sports
Intake: AEM or Injen (or hit a ebay brand and get a good filter)
Exhaust: A deep sound, my friend has a megan catback and it's pretty deep, I myself am saving up for a RS*R ExMag ($600 but it will be worth it lol, and I won't need to be told that my car is too loud lol)

Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: MHSBaseball

So i have a 99 honda civic dx coupe and i just got my liscense and was wondering... What kind of headers,intake,and exhaust should i get... I want something that sounds DEEP... anyone know of anything good? I heard DC sports has deep sounding exhaust... let me know what ya guys got!
if you have headers...you dont have a civic...lol..i would go with meagan racing or DC for a header...AEM or ebay SRI...(CAI will give better gains...but you also have a better chance of getting water in your motor and "hydrolocking") ebay SRI's are dirt cheap...i have one, just spend like $5 more on a good K&N filter (the ebay ones that most come with suck!)

Also, a short shifter will give you a better "driving experiance" i like mine...also from ebay for dirt cheap.

but like "word" said...i would wait a little while untill you get comertable and confident in your abiliitys....it would suck to spend a few hundred dollars on your car and then turn around and total it a short time after.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/search.asp

^ use it well

Old 05-04-2007, 11:51 AM

v2 intake, DC Sports header, & Greddy EvoII.....IMO

Old 05-04-2007, 01:57 PM

no i am confident dont worry about that but ill check ebay for good prices how much has everyone payed for their whole exhaust setup?

Old 05-04-2007, 03:26 PM

450-500 currently, until I get the exmag then it'll hit the 1g mark lol.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

i've spent around 350 for an AEM intake and Megan header...and i'm picking a good time to get my Apexi ws2 which will put me around 8-850...

Quick Reply: Can i get some opinions???