Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Can't get an AEM V2!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
HCF Member
Default Can't get an AEM V2!!!

no offense my05civic... in a previous thread i asked if the aem v2 will fit my automatic 99 lx and you had stated that you have a automatic lx and it fits yours so it should fit mine as well... well i did some research and found out that your right, the applications say that it can fit both the automatic and manual 05 lx... however... the applications for the 99 lx says that it only fits manual and that it does not fit the automatic... this is a very very sad day in my life [&o]... i wanted the v2 so bad... like you (my05civic) said... i wanted the bragging rights... i guess i will just have to go with the regular aemsri and save half the money towards my evoII (hopefully this one will not end up like the v2)...

i had noticed in another thread that some of you were sayin that you can get a CAI and switch back and forth when you feel like it between an SRI just by removing part of the pipe... why would someone do this?... wouldn't they prefer one more over the other and just stick with either the CAI or SRI?...

Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Can't get an AEM V2!!!

the engine bays aren't even remotely the same... I keep telling 7th gen owners this and they keep telling 6th gen owners that it doesn't matter.

YOU CAN'T USE A V2 ON AN AUTOMATIC 6TH GEN CIVIC!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

thanks mxs... it just crushes my heart... the v2 is so beautiful... just the name alone... is there anything to replace it?...

Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
mxs
HCF Member

get a regular cold air intake, and get it powdercoated in that titanium color?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

true... actually i like the red aem cai's and sri's... i know that the sri is louder than the cai, which is what i like... but what kind of sound is it?... and about the buyin a cai and taking off part of the tube to make it an sri... if you do it this way, you end up having both a cai and an sri... but what exactly is the benefit of this method... why spend 2x for the cai if ur going to occasionally make it an sri...

Old 07-12-2007, 01:07 PM

being able to disconnect your cai and convert it into a sri is good...for example.. if ur like myself who lives in florida which equals lots of rain..on days which you kno the streets will be flooded you have make it a sri hence no hydrolock...lots of our local racers have that set up because it benificial to us on are sometime very flooded streets since we are a hurricane state

Old 07-12-2007, 01:15 PM

man i couldnt imagine electron blue. i live in colorado where its dry as bone!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

dont you get a lot of snow in colorado... my pops was born there... and when it melts dont it make lots of puddles... so wouldnt that be bad state to have a cai... or should i say wouldnt it be bad idea to have a cai in that state... anyways... i live in socal... would the cai/sri conversion method really benefit me here?... is there really a big sound difference between the cai and sri?...