Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Catback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 05:02 PM
HCF Member
Default Catback Exhaust

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and recently just stumbled upon it. While I am not a car tuner by any means I am always looking to learn new things about cars.

I bought a 2000 Honda Civic EX a couple years ago and shortly found out what you can find on ebay. I put new performance APC wires and new plugs, AEM Cold air intake, and then bought a catback exhaust system on ebay. While I should have researched it and made a more wisely choice, what are you going to do. I was looking to spend a certain amount of money and ended up buying an OBX Catback system. It's mantrel bent and went on without much of a problem.

The exhaust has a nice deep tone to it, but it was loud inside the car, after ordering a silencer for it, the exhaust still seemed loud. I had removed the exhaust and went back to stock exhaust. I'd like to put the exhaust back on as it has a nice tone to it and gave a noticeable change in reponse when getting back on the gas.

Any advice in how to put the exhaust back on, but keeping it quieter? Would it be worth it to cut the muffler off and clamping a new muffler on? I know I should have spent extra money and bought a better brand, but now that I have the exhaust system I hate to just throw it away.

Thanks for any advice... tinted the windows since adding the rims

[IMG]local://upfiles/18592/D0DB4BE8DFDF4DA983D9AE606E1A838D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2007, 06:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Catback Exhaust

i think u should have bought a name brand. they got some nice megan racing catbacks for around $300, but to answer ur question u can get a name brand muffler and replace it wit the obx muffler, i guess itll be more quiet or give it a different tone

Old 02-17-2007, 06:03 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

i think to make it quieter you need to put a different resenator in there. im not sure on how to make the exhausts quieter but i think someone else should be able to help you here.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

what tyler said...you can buy resonators by themselves off of ebay and they will quiet down your exhaust and...chances are...make it sound better.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

i think to make it quieter you need to put a different resenator in there. im not sure on how to make the exhausts quieter but i think someone else should be able to help you here.
exactly what i was thinking

Old 02-18-2007, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

Ok guys,

I may make myself look stupid here, but I believe the resonator is built into the catback exhaust pipe. I hate to cut it off. Or am I looking at the wrong thing here?

Old 02-18-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

you are correct. the resonator is welded onto the middle exhaust pipe.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

any suggestions on where to buy a decent resonator? After cutting the old one off is it best to have it welded back on, or just put a clamp on it?

Thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

you can get a decent resonator off of ebay. find a magnaflow one. and after you cut the old one, you MUST get it welded on.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM

any suggestions for a cat bak for honda civic '07

Quick Reply: Catback Exhaust