Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

CEL?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Default CEL?

I have an 07 Si and I put an AEM SRI on. Shortly afterwards my CEL came on. A friend of mine at the dealer shop told me it was because of my intake. he said specifically an AEM one. Has anyone else had this problem ? If so whats the best fix? get a diff intake or get ride of aftermarket intake all together?

Old 07-28-2007, 02:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: CEL?

you're suppose to remove the battery terminals during the install and reattch them after the install is done. if you did this, you should have had no problems.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:24 PM

do you think if I put the stock back on, drive it for a few days, and then start over...(disconnecting the battery)...it would take care of my problem? Cuz, um ya I never did that. Now that I think about it I had a brain fart and did'nt disconnect the battery.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

no need to take it off, just disconnect your negative battery terminal for a few minutes and reconnect it, it resets the ECU and lets the ECU recognize a new intake. "Specifically AEM" is stupid, AEM makes great intakes, specifically designed for each car, "specifically an ebay intake" would make more sense, but still, even with the ebay intake installed properly and the ECU reset, you shoudlnt pull a CEL (if all sensors/hoses are attached properly and to the right places)

Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Did you pull the code to see WHY the light came on?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

it's not the intake if you installed it correctly. all of aem's carb approved induction systems do NOT throw cels, that's what they strive for. there are cases where they do, but it's usually related to something else. so check the code.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:52 PM

Ya,...I had my honda dealer pull the code and it was for the intake. I disconnected the battery and left it like that for an hour yesterday. So far no light. we shall see if that took care of the problem.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

you should be good, like ej6 siad, AEM makes great intakes with alot of time and research put into them, if any intake were to give you a CEL, AEM would prolly be one of hte last ones to do it

Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Default NEW PROBLEM!!

Well,...guys. The light still periodically comes on for the same reason. But now I have an even bigger problem. I have a knock from my front suspension or somewhere up front that only happens when im going slow, and over speed bumps. I just took the car in for the 5TH timeyesterday and dropped it off for the same thing. They have no Idea what to do. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it? I know I could do the Lemmon Law but my great state of New Mexico is too freakintuff on buying back cars.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Default RE: NEW PROBLEM!!

My cel never came on when i had my aem intake it did come on after i installed dc header after a few days. will the header make the cel go on?

Quick Reply: CEL?