Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

cold air feed to intake

Old 08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Default cold air feed to intake

hey everyone

i have a simple pod filter stlye intake on my civic (eg9 SiR) and have removed the old resonater and all that crap. i have herd of people running a pipe (plastic perhaps..) from the bumber to direct cold air onto the filter. Where the resonater used to be there is now a big hole the goes down to behind the bumper which would be ideal for this pipe, however, the pipe would be behind the bumber and radiator etc and wuldnt really be doin anything. Anyone done anything alsong these lines or knows of someone that has? and if so, is it worth the hassle to get that colder air to the intake?

any help would be great

Cheers, Andrew

Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Default RE: cold air feed to intake

dosnt do anything. i riged up a bent rained gutter to direct air to the intake but u dont feel any difference..gHeTto JdM StYle y0!

Old 08-26-2006, 09:58 PM

haha well ive got some old pipe from a dryer that i used to extend my intake pipe...haha all gud

Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 PM

u could try it, just do it someday when ur bored outa ur mind...thats when i riged mine up, but of course no power difference...

Old 08-26-2006, 11:22 PM

please dont use a rain gutter or plastic pipe to run your intake, no offense or anything but that is like uberlynessishly ricer (yes i just made up a word for how bad that would be lol) but anyway to answer your question, if you run the whole intake down through the fender you will notice a difference between just under the hood. you will actually be pulling colder air, plus it is much quieter inside the car. i just ran my intake down through the fender as compared to where i did have it just under the hood and i noticed these. i personally like the quieter sound but to each their own. ( plus i think it looks cleaner, pm me if you want some pics) -Jake

Old 08-27-2006, 09:51 PM

ya so at first i couldnt figure out how to post pics and then the ones i had were to large ( my life story lol) so i just posted pics on my xanga site. feel free to stop by and check them out. i know the engine bay needs a good paint job and clean up so save the bashing for another day.

www.xanga.com/flytheplane89

Old 08-29-2006, 02:05 AM

hey thanx for the pics man i like ur setup. like the rocker cover too. ive been wanting to do mine, but havnt got the ***** to take it off incase i f**k something up lol. did u do it urself?

cheers
Andrew