Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:36 AM
Default cold air intake

Who makes the best cold air intake that will give me the most horsepower for a 92-95 civic

Old 12-31-2005, 10:43 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: cold air intake

I have a 94 hatch and I don't know if its the best or not but I got a AEM CAI and I like it really well

Old 12-31-2005, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

Aem will come highly recommended on this site... But like cutt said Aem's cold air intake works really well.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:21 AM

What kind of horsepower will it add..minimal..or noticable

Old 12-31-2005, 11:29 AM
HCF Member

I dont know about hp but I know you will get a better response. They got a good sound also. The reason I cant tell you about the hp is because I done a mini me swap and I/H/E all at the same time and I could tell a big differance

Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: NCHCIVIC

What kind of horsepower will it add..minimal..or noticable
Itll add about 3-5 hp.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:31 AM

Good deal..what is the model name of the one that wraps all the way to the bottom of your car..almost to the ground..are these any better than just stock intakes?

Old 12-31-2005, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

That is a CAI there is cai and sri. Yes cai's are better

Old 12-31-2005, 01:18 PM
HCF Member

CAI' are better but they have there disadvantages like hydrolocking...my friend hydrolocked his h22 prelude and it cost him 2000 for a new engine....i would suggest an SRI for a daily driver

Old 12-31-2005, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

^^^wow...he must have been driving it like a submarine. its very hard to hydrolock any car, even with a CAI. and 2k for an h22? hes gotta shop around more

honestly. hydrolock is way overrated as a problem. the only time ive ever had experience with it was when my friend drove through a 'puddle' on the corner of a street and hydrolocked it.

lets just say it was deep to the point where there were little kids were swimming in it when the rain stopped

honestly enough, a little water up the intake can be helpful. it will cool off your engine dramatically. i know a lot of ppl with roots style superchargers actually set up something to inject water into the engine, so when the engine temp goes way up they can spray water into their intake. one of our old moderators had something set up like that, but i havnt seen him in months.

theres no real difference between CAIs. theyre all gunna give you the same increce. after all, all it is is a pipe, filter, vacuume line, and some bolts and connectors. the only difference is name brands will fit like a glove, whereas off name ones are gunna be harder to get in.

Quick Reply: cold air intake