Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Default Couple ?'s

Hey guys i'm new here but seems to be a knowledgeable bit a people here. I have recently purchased an 07 civic EX and im looking to mod it slightly. Now, that being said im totally new to the Jap market (previously owned a 380rwhp 00' z28 camaro, redneck mobile). I am looking to put a nice cat-back exhaust on this one as well as an intake of sorts and a chip. My question is what are the best dyno proven ones of each for maximum performance. If it helps my civic is a 5spd. Please any and all info would be appreciated since im new to this game, also any websites or ideas of places with good prices would be great!

thx,
CN

Old 02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Couple ?'s

i don't think a reputable name company has put out a exhuast for your car yet. so if you truly want one right now, you'll need to get one custom made (which is cheaper anyways)

next, intake wise, once again, i don't think a reputable name company has put one out for your car. this, you'll just have to wait for one. sorry. don't buy one from ebay, you'll regret it later on.

for the chips, no such things exists. ebay people sell "performance chips" that are suppose to give you 10HP instantly but this is absolute BS. what you are looking for i believe, is something that can change the a/f ratios. a SAFC from Apexi can do this. the price of a good a/f controller however, isn't worth the gains, unless you boost.

welcome to the forums bud!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forums! AS mentioned, your car is so new you will have to wait awhile for any decent aftermarket support. Custom Exhaust can prove to be worth the money though, check out your local exhaust shops and see what they say they can do.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 AM

awsome thanks for the warm welcome guys! ok sounds like ill be waiting a bit lol... to be only 140hp that thing is actually pretty damn punchy how it is especially from 3k-5.5k rpm's, im just really looking for a little more low end torque, what would eventually be some mods for this. and what are these so called "reputable" honda tuner companies? and it will eventually be boosted

Old 02-23-2007, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

yeah you'll have to wait for the aftermarket companies to catch up....but you can always get a 2.25" piping back from your exhaust manifold with a Magnaflow or Randoms high-flow cat, a Magnaflow resonator and a Volt or GReddy muffler on the back. Custom catback is always a good idea, and since you cant buy a pre-made catback, you might have to do that.

As far as the intake goes, if you cant find an aftermarkte one, you can always get a K&N drop in filter for your stock air box for hte time being. Its better than nothin

Old 02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

yes, there is always the custom route

Old 02-23-2007, 10:16 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

i don't think a reputable name company has put out a exhuast for your car yet.
there are options out there, you have to look around, check with the forum sponsors to wee what they can get for you.

ex.:

http://www.optionimports.com/meraoeexhoci.html

http://www.optionimports.com/t70115-16.html

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...st-system.html

Old 02-23-2007, 01:09 PM

will the custom route give me a nice deep sound or the annoying ricer sound you hear on most peoples honduhs' who dont know how to mod? and what should i be looking to spend for a custom catback? 600 or so?

Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

they'res stuff out for his car.

he's just gotta be willing to pay out teh wazoo for it.

www.8thgencivic.com should have a whole list of stuff.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:15 PM

what do you think about this particuar magnaflow setup catback for my car?

http://www2.partstrain.com/products/Engine/Exhaust/Performance_Exhaust_System/2007~HONDA~CIVIC~4~1.8~CVC-EX2-004.html

Quick Reply: Couple ?'s