Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Damn cops.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 AM
HCF Member
Default Damn cops.

Hey guys.
I've been having the hardest time deciding on a new muffler. I could use some other Civic enthusiasts opinions.
I'd like to go with Magnaflow for obvious reasons.
It's going on an eg hatch.

I was thinking about this:

I've been very hesitant to buy it though because I don't want any more attention from police [and thats a 4" chrome ricer tip...]. I got stopped with my stock exhaust and was threatened to be "written up for an illegal aftermarket exhaust". They really like to bust your ***** around here... And maybe 1 less Civic without a 4" tip is a good thing.

2nd choice:

^Would be very cool (performance wise), but I dunno how that would look... Not really a fart can at all. But still might draw a little extra attention.

3rd:

I dunno how this would sound? I know it's just straight through like all the others, but I don't think I've ever seen/heard one of these on a Civic.
Last:

^This is just like my stock muffler, as far as the offset/center setup, it would fit/look fairly close to stock. However, it seems like it would possibly me more restrictive, sound different, and damage easier because of the angle (what happens if a little fireball or two go through there? )

Other options:
Spray it all flat black
or chrome tips

I'd like to hear all your suggestions/opinions. I'm still very undecided on ths.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Damn cops.

Id say get the one you like, but just be easy on the throttle... they shouldnt mess with you too much.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 AM
Administrator

the second one is a resonator...but anyways...you should just get a magnaflow exhaust system....comes with 2.25" piping, a resonator, and a nice muffler...its sweet and should be fine.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 AM
HCF Member

how bout an RS*R exmag?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i had a magnaflow on my car back in the day and it sounded sweet

Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

the second one is a resonator...but anyways...you should just get a magnaflow exhaust system....comes with 2.25" piping, a resonator, and a nice muffler...its sweet and should be fine.
Yeah, resonator/muffler. Should be fine for what/who? Not me.

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

i had a magnaflow on my car back in the day and it sounded sweet
Thats what I've heard.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

ive got a magnaflow catback right now and its amazing

Old 10-01-2007, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

magnaflow has a nice deep tone

Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

Ive got a magnaflow muffler if youre interested in buying it. I took it off of my 94 ex coupe, It was too loud for me, but then again, i dont want any noise from the muffler, thats why I went back to stock.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

How much for your muffler? I have just regular stock exhaust on mine as of right now. Would i have to get all new pipe if i got a new muffler or how does that work with putting one on?

Quick Reply: Damn cops.