Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Does I/H/E really help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Default Does I/H/E really help

my car (1999si) is stock right now except for a sri, i was thinking of getting a V2, stainless 4-2-1 dc sports header, and a greddy evo 2 exhaust, do you think i would notice a difference? what about thottle bodies and intake manifolds, and a high flow cat. help!!

Old 11-04-2007, 05:32 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Does I/H/E really help

the v2 is dyno tested to give some of the best gains possible wtih an intake, but over any other intake it PROBABLY wont make a noticable differnce. With a header, catback, TB and IM, you'd most likely have some noticable gains, yes. Alot of it will be in your head though with the new tone, so you'll want to puish the gas harder, which will make you go faster haha in my opinion, if you have any future plans for F/I, save the money for that. Header will be replaced with a turbo manifold, catback will probably need to be larger and custom (2.5"-3" probably), and your intake will be replaced with charge piping. A bigger TB and IM wuld be helpful no matter waht though, and for the catalytic converter situation, read the stickie at the top of the I/H/E section "The Truth about Catalytic Converters"

Old 11-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ +1

Intake - you really won't notice a difference between the SRI you have now and a CAI, so I'd say save your money. Maybe buy a good (AEM/K&N) filter if you don't already have one?

Header - If you even think you might turbo in the future, don't even bother. Your turbo manifold will replace this anyway

Exhaust - Once again, if you think you might turbo the car, wait until you turbo it. Or maybe get a 2.5" or bigger catback and live with the slight power loss (well, no real loss... your power has just moved up to a higher rpm range) until you turbo.

Throttle Body - A good idea to modify this, but if you don't turbo your car and you get too big a TB, you'll actually lose some power

Intake Manifold - Another great idea, and it doesn't really matter whether or not you turbo the car with an intake mani; they'll help no matter what.

And I/H/E won't make much of a difference in power, but they will increase your throttle response and make your car a little more fun to drive.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:41 AM
HCF Member

Save to boost, then youll see difference.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

but would a I/H/E make a noticable difference say on a civic swapped with a b18c or h22a ?

Old 11-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'd say it would... from what I've heard, b-series motors are pretty responsive to bolt-ons... not sure about the h though.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 PM
HCF Member

u may see some noticible gains but nothing crazy, if u want a noticible gain go f/i, i would just save the money

Old 11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

b series are good for bolt ons.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

i have the same question... would i/h/e make you quicker? for example, if you race the same car stock and you had i/h/e, would you beat it by only like 2 car lengths, or would you noticable beat it?

Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

b series are good for bolt ons.
+1, Pete said his GSR responded super good to I/H/E, D's on the other hand are a smaller SOHC engine and the gains wont be as big.

and XNIX etc., a good setup of I/H/E will give you like 10-15 horsewpoer, and thats being pretty generous, and if you were to race the same car that was stock, you'd have an advantage with the bolt ons but it's still gonna be a close/driver's race i imagine

Quick Reply: Does I/H/E really help