Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Downpipe on Megan Header?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Downpipe on Megan Header?

I have a question and yes i did search the forum and didn't find an answer. Anyways i own a 2002 civic ex coupe and was wondering about the megan header found here i plan to purchase http://www.statracing.com/buy/megan-header.asp The picture they are showing of the header; i'm assuming its just a megan header but not specific for my vehicle. So my question is b4 i go and buy it and try to install it is the 4-1 header for my car, does it come with the header or does it come with header and downpipe. Because i was guessing that if its just the header then the installing would be very easy but does a 4-1 for my ex comes with a downpipe as well and i'll have to install that also? Any do you think $139 is a fair price for a megan header and if not could you direct me to some other non-ebay sites that sell them for cheaper thanks.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Downpipe on Megan Header?

How did your header search go? just wanted to know. I also have an02 EX coupe and was searchingfor the same thing. Except I was looking for a megan 4-2-1 header which I am not sure exists. I heard here that the 4-2-1 is better for low end power so let me know if its out there. Is that a dumb question? haha, well let me know how it went with whatever you got.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

I dunno if i'm getting your question right, but you don't need a downpipe, the header extends down to the cat converter. Unless your manifold and cat are one piece (which I don't think it is), then you would need to buy a cat as well. I bought my megan racing header off ebay, make sure it says "megan racing" tho.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 PM

^^^yea me too, WTF is up with that? i blew 3 of them and i just decided its not worth fixing anymore because it's blows within a couple weeks. they just keep going bad in the same spot. is there anything i can do to fix it?