Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ebay non-branded CAI

Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member
Default Ebay non-branded CAI

I ordered and am using a cheapebayCAI on my B16A2. It sounds good and looks to be built well,but i was wondering if it could be bad for my car? Could it damage it?

If i plan on keeping this car and want to get serious with the modifications, i'll probably buy an AEM SRI or something next summer. I got this to replace the standard air boxset up which was large, cumbersome andthe filter looked a bit haggered

Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Default RE: Ebay non-branded CAI

like everyone says.... the filter is what matters, so just buy a k&n filter or aem filter and throw it on the end of your pipes and you'll be good

Old 07-08-2007, 01:50 PM

Does coldair vs. shortram make much difference on civics provided it has a good filter? (when mostly stock otherwise, I know everything becomes an issue if your talking FI or major mods...)

Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bpapa

Does coldair vs. shortram make much difference on civics provided it has a good filter? (when mostly stock otherwise, I know everything becomes an issue if your talking FI or major mods...)

intake is an intake, both serve same purpose which id bringing cold air into the engine, i dont think ur going to get much of a difference between a sri or a cai

Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 PM

thanx!

Old 07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

watch the thread jack....but SRI = better midrange power, more throttle response, louder and CAI is better top end, throttle response wont be as good as SRI, and the sound is a bit deeper

but +1 for the filter, AEM Dryflow is one that you dont have to oil, so thast pretty convenient. Thast what i got and love it.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

so CAI is better for top end power?

i'll order a decent filter then, any recommendations?

Old 07-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Yeah, sorry about the threadjack, I'm pretty ADD most of the time.[sm=massbounce.gif]
I try not to jack threads unless the original question had been answered, but yeah I'm bad about that...

Thanks to both of you for the info!

Old 07-08-2007, 02:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

watch the thread jack....but SRI = better midrange power, more throttle response, louder and CAI is better top end, throttle response wont be as good as SRI, and the sound is a bit deeper

but +1 for the filter, AEM Dryflow is one that you dont have to oil, so thast pretty convenient. Thast what i got and love it.
I dissagree. On k&n's web site the dynos they showed for their cold air and short ram showed that the cold air intake had a higher gain than they short ram at around 5k and the short ram had higher gain at about 6-7k rpm. So I think that the short ram has bettertop-endand the cold air is better mid-range power. But it was less than one or two hp iirc plus you probably aren't going to notice either way. Someone stole my ebay short ram along with my k&n filter and I ordered an ebay cai with an AEM dryflow filter and it should be here in a few days so I will post back about which I feel is better or if I can even feel a difference.

To the OP, just get a good filter and forget about it. I wouldn't get the aem if I were you because a pipe is a pipe and you might get a slight gain due to a very slight difference position of the pipe but your not going to notice unless you dyno it.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM

Hrm... What I had heard previously fit better with what Flip said, but if you've got evidence supporting the opposite... I'm now confused...
How'bout a link tothe pageyou are referencing so we all don't have to hunt for it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ebay non-branded CAI