Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ebay parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Default Ebay parts

Well, I took a minute and went to Ebay to do some searching on parts. How well do most of the headers and cats hold up that they have on there that aren't known names that are really cheap. Im just curious if they will actually hold up and help out power wise as much as say the DC's and Megan's would???

Anyone ever had any experience with these parts? Worth it to save cash and buy these or just get the stuff thats known to work.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Ebay parts

dont buy parts off ebay unless there brand name.. if your gonna soend money and save money for parts for your car, you hsould just do it right. i had a muffler off ebay for my old car and it worked out alright for the year i had it on. n e way. i say you just save your money and buy something worth your while. ebay parts are cheap, but dont expect to get somethjing good for your money.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:12 PM

Thanks, That's all I needed to know. That's what I kind of figured.

BTW- I gotta give props to everyone and this site with getting such quick replys and straight forward answer. It makes it alot easier when it comes time to buy parts or when you get stuck in a bubble and can't figure problems out! Thanks!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya for a header buy name brand.... ive heard to many fitment issues... i got lucky buying my no name header i guess tho i still had to weld in a rear O2sensor and plug the front O2sensor hole and it didnt have the bottom support brace either... but if i buy another im gonna go name brand.....
tho with the intake i think they are fine BUT you still want to get a good air filter cause the ebay intakes are crap!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

^ i got lucky as well, my ebay header has done its job well for the last year or whatever. The "high-flow cat" is just a test-pipe thouhg, it doesnt do anything for emissions. As for the intakes, its fairly common to get an ebay intake hten a nice K&N filter or AEM Dryflow filter on there. Anything generic off of ebay is a risk and you USUALLY get waht you pay for, but sometimes you get lucky.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:58 AM
HCF Member

My ebay intake set off an IAT sensor issue that bugged me until I could save for an aemv2. With intakes, don't mess, but like he said, you CAN get lucky.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Administrator

i cant stand cheaping out, save your $$ and get some good quality proven parts. period....

except for like...strut bars etc...generic should do you just fine