Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

ebay products

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Default ebay products

just wondering what do you guys think about ebay products like exhaust systems, headers, SRIs, and CAIs....

Old 12-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: ebay products

if you can find the right price then buy them, ebay can be a very money saving site....

just dont buy like the 5 doller headers, get like some greddy ones or dc ones and a pretty averaged price exhaust, because the lower the price the more of a buzzing noise will come from the exhaust, and same goes with the headers

any SRI or CAI will work just fine, its if you want the extra 1 or 2 hp go with like an injen or aem system

Old 12-18-2005, 10:15 AM

ebay is the ****. i got my cat back for $515 when a local speed shop quoted be $750. 750? **** that. btw its a skunk2, there expencive for some reason. but well worth it.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 AM

but like riceburner said, dont buy some $5 header, might as well be plastic. go for brand names and look at the feedback of the seller. and watch out for "apex look" "jdm look" stuff like that. that is if you want the real deal. otherwise go for it. plus you can drop a link on us and we can give you some feedback. i believe 8:10 of the people here ebay everything.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM

ebay is awesome. i got my dc header and sturt/tie bars from there. saved me prolly all together close to $200. what i like to do is read over the entire item and description and all and then email the seller asking every possible question about it (ex: is this the right part #, is the shipping price what u say it is, is it brand new in the box, do u take mastercard..etc). look at the feedback %, if its high than like 95% its most likely safe. read the feedback from ppl and then decide wether u wana buy or not from them. i suggest staying with brand name products just because the "u get what u pay for" thing is somewhat true. like dj_ipirate said, keep an eye out for those "dc style" and "dc look" things cuz that means it fake.

good luck with everything!

Old 12-18-2005, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, these guys are right, but what they mean is to use ebay to find quality, used parts from reputable companies like DC, Greddy, AEM, Injen, or whatever. The no-name brands or the knock-offs are Ok for some things if you have to save a few bucks, but the real value of e-bay is the used stuff, not the cheapo new stuff.

As long as you get a decent filter those intakes are fine.

I think half of the members that have a short shifter got theirs from ebay.

Cat-backs are fine too, but the difference in price/quality will result in a very different sound.

Stay away from any header hat says "style" or "look." You will want to get a quality header with a solid name, even if you have to get it used.

Like Dj said, if you are wondering about something, post it up and ask. No one is gonna bid against you on it.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Yeh, as long as it's a name brand, the price is right, low shipping, and seller has good feedback.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:30 PM

i was jsut wondering bout things like....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GREDD...QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CATBA...QQcmdZViewItem

i got a 97 cx...and im trying to find an exhaust system that would fit cuz the cat converter in up front. n i need that extra piping...

Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 PM

the first one is a fake greddy system. but both of the sellers are fine. may be an ok product may suck... imo most likely suck

Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 PM

btw, something tells me that your going to sound like a pissed off bumble bee going down the road with these systems.

Quick Reply: ebay products