Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

EG6 (B Series) exhaust recommendations please

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 AM
HCF Member
Default EG6 (B Series) exhaust recommendations please

Hi,
Ive looked at the FAQs and am interested in gathering some first hand experiences from you people. Im looking for an exhaust that is free flowing, good enough not to restrict a tuned B series (i plan on either turbocharging or N/A building/stroking it). Id plan on making about 250bhp either way. I would also like a free flowing exhaust that isnt as horribly loud as an N1, something that is relatively quiet/moderate innormal driving conditions and is only loud as such in VTEC. Ideally i want something that isnt going to draw a lot of attention to my car. Any recommendations?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: EG6 (B Series) exhaust recommendations please

Seen as no1 is helping here's my little help. I have a border304 speed on my eg6 b16a (currently 190bhp) and when pottering around town it's quiet,but as soon as i hit the loud pedal and vtec starts it's a totally different animal. There are some vids of the exhaust on youtube.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: EG6 (B Series) exhaust recommendations please

ORIGINAL: Captain_Sl0w

Hi,
Ive looked at the FAQs and am interested in gathering some first hand experiences from you people. Im looking for an exhaust that is free flowing, good enough not to restrict a tuned B series (i plan on either turbocharging or N/A building/stroking it). Id plan on making about 250bhp either way. I would also like a free flowing exhaust that isnt as horribly loud as an N1, something that is relatively quiet/moderate innormal driving conditions and is only loud as such in VTEC. Ideally i want something that isnt going to draw a lot of attention to my car. Any recommendations?
Yes, I always have recommendations!

MAGNAFLOW! (low tone that is low-profile at idle, but comes alive beyond 4000 rpm)