Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust for 04 LX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
HCF Member
Default Exhaust for 04 LX Sedan

Been thinking about changing at least the axle-back on my car. Performance isn't really a goal, if anything it would be preferred to stay the same (or more) but not lose it.

I'm just looking for a bit more tone. However, being an 04 LX 4 door, my bumper is pretty flat as I'm sure you guys know. Are there any exhausts available that will have a stock style tip? A buddy of mine has a 91 Accord with stock exhaust except for a circular magnaflow XL straight through muffler (clamped on) and that is the best sounding setup I have heard on a Honda. Deep, pronounced, but not loud or raspy at all.

Any input let me know, thanks in advance!!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Default RE: Exhaust for 04 LX Sedan

Ahh! Why would you want anything that even resembles the stock tip...so narrow and weaksauce.

The straight through Magnaflows are my favorite though.

If you want it to look stock then just swap out for an aftermarket muffler like your friend did, I spose.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:03 AM
HCF Member

Unless you know of an exhaust that will fit in the bumper, I don't want to have to cut the bumper on my car, that's my main reason behind it.

I was thinking about buying another axle-back off of another car, stock, and cutting out the muffler and clamping/welding in a magnaflow. Thing is just finding a good priced axleback nearby.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:37 AM

I have one of the magnaflow race series on my 05 and it has a 4in wide tip and it fits under there, though just barely (granted it has burned the underside of the bumper).

But I've seen many an aftermarket muffler with various tips that fit quite nicely.

I don't think you need to get anything off another car. If you just want the noise then you can just chop off the stock muffler and weld another one on. If you browse the magnaflow site I'm sure they have some universal mufflers with tips that will work.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

the reason behind getting a different muffler off another car would be so I could switch back to stock if the situation were to arise, say trading it back in ETC.

Any setups you would reccomend? As in in the axle-back setup that would fit? You say you have seen some, any to mention?

Sorry for the questions I just am new to the Civic aftermarket.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM

This one looks pretty good IMHO:
http://magnaflow.com/02product/shope...in&id=7076
Here's mine with the wide tip:
http://magnaflow.com/02product/shope...in&id=7151

but it's pretty simple just chop off the stock muffler and weld the new one on (make sure to tell the guy at the shop to save the stock muffler)
and then to go back to stock just chop off the new one and weld on the old one

my experience has been with universal mufflers+custom piping and not with prefab exhausts...not sure if you specifically wanted something that would bolt on, but custom seems to run a little cheaper

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 AM
HCF Member

well dont get a full cat, because you will loose performance there, just weld on a new muffler, weld the stock one back on if you want to trade it in.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

I see. A full cat? You mean cat-back? A full exhaust will lose me power?

And so there are no bolt on axle-backs that will fit...

it doesn't have to be the cheapest route.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

the a'pexi ws2 has a pretty clean tip:

Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

that one does look pretty nice, do you think that should clear the sedan bumper all right?

EDIT:

Just looked up some sound clips of that one it sounds pretty good. I take it those are a lot longer lasting than your standard ebay setup?

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 04 LX Sedan