Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust hitting back bumper

Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Default Exhaust hitting back bumper

Ok so how can i keep my exhaust from hitting my back bumper and melting it should i try to bend it or find longer hangers? or cut a small peice out so it will fit?

Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Exhaust hitting back bumper

ORIGINAL: Rickimaru

Ok so how can i keep my exhaust from hitting my back bumper and melting it should i try to bend it or find longer hangers? or cut a small peice out so it will fit?
Longer/Universal hangers. They can be found at almost any muffler shop (I got mine at a Tuffy Muffler for $5). I also think that you can get the ones with the metal ends at Autozone, and just snip the metal part off. It will look like a rectangular chunk of rubber with 4-5 holes in it.

EDIT: If you can't find them let me know, I have an extra set in the garage.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

Is it already hitting? It is a very cheap fix.. I had mine adjusted at a shop for 20 bucks i think... took about 30 minutes including the line of cars...

Old 10-24-2006, 07:54 PM

I picked up some universal one's from autozone they should work well I have them cut to fit right, hopefully get them on tm

The piping is occasionally hitting the floorboard while idling should extending the hangers a bit fix this or will I need to go in search of some insulation?

Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

what exhaust do you have? i have the apexi world sport two catback and it hits my bumper too. its not very bad so im not too worried about it but it hit my floor board on my 00' civic and now i got a 96 and it doesnt do it. not sure why maybe its just on the hangers different or something. hope you figure out how to fix it.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:24 PM

My n1 hit when i first installed it, a muffler shop tig'd some universal hangers on for free. then again he's a buddy of mine..anyways he tried jarring the pipe a little but with a pry bar above the rear control arm just a half an inch, muffler doest touch nor does the tip...anywhere on my bumper.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:54 AM
HCF Member

^Hey Bryce, how's about posting something worthwhile for a change? Or is it that you have nothing worthwhile to offer so you spout off with this kind of BS? Anyways, welcome to the forum...good luck on your test tomorrow.

Ricki, I had a similar problem with my GReddy EvoII, so its not just an Apexi problem. The universal hangers will work though...and you won't need any insulation.