Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust, intake, header warning of procivic

Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Default exhaust, intake, header warning of procivic

i currently got header, catback, intake, and the check engine light turns on. so i was looking for alternatives to get it to shut off. procivic.com offer a CEL eliminator so i figured i'd go with that and get the light off. on there site it said it worked like a "spark plug non-fouler", but they were chargering 12.95 for it. i looked up on other sites and say the price for simulators was around 15-25 + shipping. SOOO... i called up procivic and asked them if i could use a "motormite spark plug non-fouler", instead of using this product, and they said "NO, it wont work the same", and this is made especially for the exhaust system. they said it's "like" a spark plug non fouler...

none the less, i paid $12.95 for it plus 19.95 shipping and handleing since that was the cheapest they offered. (compared to other sites that offered ground shipping for $25.00 i thought i was getting a better deal.)

when the item came in it WAS a "SPARK PLUG NON-FOULER". THE SAME ONE I ASKED THEM ABOUT PURCHASING FOR $4.95 AT MY LOCAL AUTO ZONE. THEY SENT ME A $4 UNIT THAT I PAID AROUND $38 FOR.
(you can use the spark plug non-fouler for this problem with check engine light, i drive a 07 SI, i'm mad cuz they lied and charged me 38 for something i could have bought for $4.00)

I RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE PURCHASE FROM THEM, AS THEY CHARGE OUTRAEOUS PRICES FOR ITEMS AND SHIPPING, AS WELL AS THEY WONT REFUND the SHIPPING FEE. (item was shipped from PA, and was under $4, which they charged me $20 for). they are telling me now it will take over 2 weeks to process the refund of $9.25 out of the $38 something i paid for the $4 item.

if you would like a REALLY REALLY good place to purcahse from i can give you their site and the same person i buy from all the time. this person did not have the simulators which is why i went through procivic. the prices for items at this other place i go through are DIRT cheap and they offer brand new items, always in stock, and for the lowest price. they will match and beat any price you can find anywhere on the internet. they even have an ebay store!!! SOOO CHEAP, FREE shipping...

Old 08-27-2007, 07:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: exhaust, intake, header warning of procivic

Yeah, Procivic has high prices. I've never ordered anything from them before...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

Shhhhh....they advertise on the site and might hear you j/k

Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

- got my AEM SRI from procivic last week for $175(free shipping), advanced auto wanted $198, I must admit I was concerned about the return policy but it worked out for me--- in general I think you need to buy direct retail for low $$$ items, why would you spend $20 in shipping for a $13 item???

Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

Really? I thought I got a great deal from procivic.com. I got my AEM V2 (with shipping included) for $301. AEM's site sells them for about $380.
Sorry to hear you had trouble with them. Thanks for the info.