Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Fix it ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Fix it ticket.

Alrightty...

well i got a fix it ticket back in august for a broken tail light and waited till the last day to get it signed off and finally got it mailed off within like 2 hours of it turning into a warrant (from what my dad says lol). Anyways the next day i got pulled over going to a party and the cop pulled me over and said that my exhaust is missing a part. I dont think my exhaust is missing anything. MY exhaust is not loud at all, its just a muffler and plus i dont know how she would have been able to even see in my exhaust, it was dark and my car is like 2 feet lower then hers. So she gives me a ticket..and says that im missing what she called a baffle for my exhaust. She explained it as the part that goes inside that muffles more sound. Know i know that they have these on the catbacks but i have never seen on on a car with just a muffler. I asked her to do a decibel test because i know i would have passed but she said that she would just give me 2 tickets instead of one if i failed the decibel test. So anyways she writes up the ticket and i ask her how much it is and she says I dont know. I ask her where do i go to get it fixed, and she says i dont know. I said how much is the part i need and again she says i dont know.

So my question is, is this a bogus ticket? I know that every car comes stock with pretty much the same setup i have going.

here is the only picture i have that has my exhaust in it. (please excuse the altezzas lol)

Old 09-17-2008, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

doesn't seem like she know what shes talking about. seems like she just want to give you a ticket for something. is that an after market exhaust. besides a silencer i do not know of anything that goes inside the muffler. you should have done the decibel test, what was she going to give you the second ticket for? for not passing the test. isn't that sorta of what the original ticket was for. you should just bring it to your local police station or state ref and have them check it off.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

Yeah..i should have done the decibel test. Its an aftermarket muffler, but looks just like the stock one with just a bigger outlet pipe.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if ur sure its not to loud then definatly take it to the police station and get that crap thrown out! sounds to me like a really stupid cop just being a *****!!!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

take it down to the police station and have them do a decibel test right there

Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i should do that..i just hope they dont try to say that i could have replaced it since i got it or somthing. I think im going to go the CHP station cause they are way more knowledgeable then the San luis Obispo Police department. Im positive i got pulled over cause i drive a yellow lowered civic and its party week since Cal poly starts next week and they were trying to see if i was drunk, high, stoned, bla bla blablabla.

ill see where it goes..i just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a part im missing.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

sounds like a female cop to me. sorry but we have a campus cop at our school and shes so retarded. good luck with the current situation.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jpnolan
sounds like a female cop to me. sorry but we have a campus cop at our school and shes so retarded. good luck with the current situation.
.. Or when he said it was a she.
Lol.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

She must be confused with street bikes. When you take a baffle out of a bike exhaust, its louder. She may think the same with your car.
If so, i laugh. I laugh hard.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Angry Admin

omg your out by cal poly! my friend just went out there for college! dont know why im so excited

Quick Reply: Fix it ticket.