Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

good I/H/E setup for an 07 civic ex??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Default good I/H/E setup for an 07 civic ex??

whats up guys,i dont drive a civic, but a buddy of mine just got an 07 ex, and we were wondering what a good I/H/E setup would be for it. Not looking for anything to fancy, just somthing to give it a little more performance.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Default RE: good I/H/E setup for an 07 civic ex??

well as far as the intake, aem, injen or K&N which is one of the sponsors here will do good, ive actually got the injen on the way for my 07 coupe. as far as exhaust there is only 2 or 3 out so far that are a direct oem bolt on replacement cat back and thebest would have to be greddy evo2 which is gonna run you around 650, ive personally got a performance muffler and midsection piping from megan racing, which adds a few extra horsepower but not much but has an extremely deep tone, because iwas mainly in for the sound when i did my exhaust instead of hp.im nottoo sure about headers...

Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

yeah u'll have quite the time finding aftermarekt parts for that consdiering its really new, but you can always go custom catback and at the very least get a K&N drop in air filter for it.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 AM

Thanks for the help guys, we looked around a bit and didnt find much.

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

yeah u'll have quite the time finding aftermarekt parts for that consdiering its really new, but you can always go custom catback and at the very least get a K&N drop in air filter for it.
i know all about having a hard time finding after market parts... i drive an 04 Saturn Ion Redline, and for the first 2 1/2 years, the only aftermarket parts were a couple of intakes, a catback or two, and a slightly smaller pully for the blower. only in the last 6 months have we finally started to get the support we need for big power. Im actually rebuilding mine right now, cracked the ringland off a piston a few weeks back. wont happen again, going with Diamond Racing forged pistons, slight bump in compression... arp headstuds, mls gasket, resurfacing the sleeves, rebalancing rotating assembly, a few other things.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

damn, what numbers ru runnin?

Old 03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Administrator

RL's pwn...so ive heard

Old 03-07-2007, 04:16 AM

damn, what numbers ru runnin?
was a mid-low 13 second car @ around 106+ mph with me driving, my cousin can drive it better than me though LOL

with the bump in compression, and yesterday i decided to go with a new exhaust, 3" from the header back, and some solid mounts, im hoping to get into the 12's with my less than perfect driving. but if the new build alone wont get me there, now that ill be running the forged pistons im not too worried about throwing a small shot of nitrouse at em, im sure that willget me there. im hoping for about 320 hp to the front wheels with the new build off the bottle... should be done hopefully this weekend, we'll see, its gonna be hard not to beat on it till after breaking it back in though.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

spray would be a good idea, specially since your rebuilt with pistons our enigne can prolly handle it really well

and i hope you got a high-flow cat with the new exhaustman....

Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 AM

spray would be a good idea, specially since your rebuilt with pistons our enigne can prolly handle it really well

and i hope you got a high-flow cat with the new exhaustman....
i went with a catless downpipe... im in FL so i dont have to worry about inspections and whatnot, so i didnt see any reason to pay an extra 60 bucks for a part that will do nothing for me other than rob power.

hmm 19 pounds of boost plus a shot of juice.... thats tempting!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

a high-flow cat doesnt really make you lose power and the sound will probably be raspier and you exhaust will smell worse. It's a good idea man...

you say you have a downpipe...which would mean you're already boosted? If by downpipe you mean header, the cat usually isnt in the header/exhaust manifold (unless its a y7), the cat is usually bolted up to the header under the car.

I dont have emissions testing in my state (michigan) but i want my exhaust quieter and the fumes coming out not to be white and smelling worse than they already do

Quick Reply: good I/H/E setup for an 07 civic ex??