Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

GOT MY NEW Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Default GOT MY NEW Intake Manifold

Hey guys I just got my Blox intake manifold. Im going to put it on my d16z6 here soon along with my b16 throttle body. They both measure 62mm

* does anyone else have da6z6 with a bigger tb and mani? Just wondering if it will make a noticable difference or will i have to advance/retard my timing?what do you guys thinK?

any info will help, o yea heres the pic it turned out better than what i thought it would

[IMG]local://upfiles/7655/C27CF834D33846B98F32590D9D44EF21.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: GOT MY NEW Intake Manifold

Kiss your low end goodby

Old 01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Kiss your low end goodby
Why I'm curious I want to know???

Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you will probably gain some mid to top from the design and thickness of the runners

Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Kiss your low end goodby
Why I'm curious I want to know???
Aftermarket intake manifolds with bigger throttle bodies shift your power from the lower rpms to the higher rpms. They are usually only good for high hp n/a engines (ported and cammed)or turbocharged engines or you might lose power instead of gain it.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

You will DEF see a gain. When I had my boosted Z6 and I did a Skunk2 intake mani I felt like I gained 40 hp........You wont need to mess with timing, as its not going to increase power THAT much, but it will make youre engine more efficient by allowing it to take in more air....throttle response will increase as well as engine noise. Tip for ya.........buy a new intake manifold gasket before hand......if you need to get one in the middle of the install......it can be a hassle....esp if they dont have it in stock.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
HCF Member

There is a huge difference between upgrading the throttle body and manifoldon a boosted z6 as apposed to a internally stock n/a z6.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:06 PM

since the 62mm tb and mani will affect the low end i thought my header and 2.25" exhaust would help the flow. Vtec works at higher rpm so wouldnt it be a good thing to have more power up toward where the vtec is working? doesnt the engine make the most of power when vtec engauges? I mean I plan on throwing some internals in there and turboonce i can get where i actually can.
Right now I have my gtp which is my wives but i pay for it lol, and my bagged sonoma to go along with my civic. I dont drive the sonoma bc im waiting for the guy to pick it up who bought it. Im going to be getting a Tahoe here soon so that way ill have another car to drive while i tear my civic apart. I gotta be patient or my wife will sell my civicwhen im at work lol

Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

^You think so? [sm=bangbang.gif]

I had just an intake manifold no throttle body. Of course I saw bigger gains......but the intake manifold and throttle bodies are one of if not THE most restricting part of a honda engine.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

I'm just saying you will proabably only see 5 to 10 tops on a internally stock n/a d, I know that you knew that but I just wanted to point it out so people who don't know that will not get mislead and think they are gonna get 40hp from an intake manifold on a stock engine. I'm also not saying they are bad ideas, I will get one eventually. I like having the powerband at higher rpms also that is why I have a 4-1 header but I just wanted the OP to know his low end will be negatively affected by the intake manifold and oversized throttle body.

Quick Reply: GOT MY NEW Intake Manifold