Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

greddy ev2 install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 AM
Default greddy ev2 install help

i know this has been discussed, but id like some input please

im about to get my evo2 next week, and i was thinking about attempting to install it, never done it before, and from what i hear the hardest part is the old bolts, especially near the cat. on the other hand, i could go get it installed for under 60 at some shops, do you think it would be worthwhile to just get it installed at a shop?

on a side note, what are all the required tools to install the exhaust? thanks alot in advance.

>>edit<< saw that i posted in the wrong section, sry.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Default RE: greddy ev2 install help

you may need to get the old bolts cut from a shop, I would try and get them off first, start lubing them with WD40 now, do it a couple times every day, then try loosening them, if you can't get it to work go to a shop and have them cut the bolts(buy new ones from lowes or home depot first) put the new ones on just to hold it together, take it home and do the install yourself. If you can get the bolts at the cat off you can take the whole exhaust off as one part. then bolt up your evo2 in pieces.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

installing an Exhaust system is very simple. All you need is a socket wrench. However, like chim said, go to home depot before you do the install, and get some nuts and bolts (id say 4 nuts 4 bolts....make sure theyll fit thru the holes on the exhaust) This way if u take off the old bolts and theyre no good to use then u have new ones already. Shouldnt take a newbie any longer than 1.5 hrs to install. Where are u located?

Old 12-21-2005, 02:16 PM

I had to get my bolts cut, but my mechanic is a good family friend, he helped me put it on while I was there, took about 30 mins to get it on; this was about 4ish months ago, just last week I finally got it perfectly aligned and not rubbing anything.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 PM

dremels work very well! just takes a lil time to cut thru it. start spraying WD-40 on all the bolts and hangers to make it easier to get off. the only tools u need are a box socket wrenches and a lot of elbow grease. its very easy to install. just need to take off a few bolts here and there and pull the exhaust off the hangers. u'll most likely want to buy some new stainless steel bolts that connect the cat to the header unless the exhaust comes with them already.

good luck and post some pics/sound clips asap!

Old 12-21-2005, 02:33 PM

i had to cut mine with a torch, and then air hammer the studs out.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: pcupo12

installing an Exhaust system is very simple. All you need is a socket wrench. However, like chim said, go to home depot before you do the install, and get some nuts and bolts (id say 4 nuts 4 bolts....make sure theyll fit thru the holes on the exhaust) This way if u take off the old bolts and theyre no good to use then u have new ones already. Shouldnt take a newbie any longer than 1.5 hrs to install. Where are u located?
located in oly, wa. ill start spraying the bolts down tomorrow, i have the day off, and once i get the evo2 installed ill be sure to post some pics! thanks alot for the replies.

me vs rusty bolts next week.