Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Greddy EVO 2 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Default RE: Greddy EVO 2 Problems

well if your desporate. you could take off the resinator and buy a new one. but it should be under warrenty.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:29 PM

No, I've got plenty of clearance under the bumper. Maybe too much, it kinda looks a little too low. I thought about having an exhaust shop put on a new res, but I think I'll send it back in. Its going to be a pain to return. I have to get a Return Auth. Number from Autocarparts.com and then mail it back to Greddy. They said they would test it, and if it was defective then they'll send me a new one. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I don't know how long this is going to take but I'll try to post something when I get this taken care of. I haven't give up hope yet on Greddy.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:03 PM

roll around with out any exhaust after the cat... then tell us about your headache[8D]

Old 01-31-2006, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

I have a Greddy Evo2 as well and the same thing happened to me. Check the gasket between the pipe that runs from your muffler and conntects to the pipe that runs to your cat (or straight pipe in this matter). The gasket that came with mine was completely rusted out (it had been less than a year) and as soon as I disconnected those 2 pipes, the gasket fell into about 10 pieces on the ground. Hope this helps!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

I though you had a magnaflow? My exhaust has been rattling since I put on the new header. It stops once the engine is warm though... it is quite annoying.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:13 PM

^ dude a spring in my passenger seat rattles when nobodys *** is in it. i got to put a rubber spacer in or something.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 PM

Adding to this problem: I took the Greddy off this weekend and put the stock stuff back on. The noise disappeared. So my thoughts - I think I have pretty much isolated the noise to the exhaust(Greddy), not the car. I'm emailing autocarparts.com to get a Return # then I'm going to send it back. Makes me happy I kept the stock stuff, just for this reason. I hope it doesn't take Greddy too long to evaluate the piece and get it back to me.
Sam, I didn't have any bad gaskets. Before I was able to isolate the problem to the cat-back I re-checked all the bolts and hangers, everything was in order.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

is there anything loose in the parts? it sounds like a resonator problem to me.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM

No, I took each piece (3) and shook them like crazy. No noises coming from any of the three. I'm pretty sure that the pressure of the exhaust fumes pushing through the cat-back it whats causing the noise. As the car comes up in temp the noise becomes louder. Something to do with increase in heat.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

i think something must have been loose. the sound was caused by the pipe hitting against the car because it wasnt tight. it was louder when it got hotter because heat causes things to expand. it got even less clearence when it expanded.

Quick Reply: Greddy EVO 2 Problems