Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

GReddy Exhaust and Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 PM
HCF Member
Default GReddy Exhaust and Headers

I'm very seriously considering purchase the GReddy Evo2 and SUS headers but i'm looking at about $1000 for both...Is this pretty much the price range for this type of exhaust and header? I have loved everything about the combo and have heard a ton of great feedback from people with the GReddy setup. My only concern is that it's too much performance for a civic. I have a 2000 SI and is it worth spending that kind of money for a high performance exhaust system or would it be better to go cheap and be done with it. I was talking to a mechanic today and he said that a DC Sports exhaust and header would be fine for a civic...I really love the look, sound of the GReddy but is it too "good" for my car. hopefully that makes some sense. Let me know what you guys think, especially you guys who are sporting the GReddy already...thanks

Old 03-22-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: GReddy Exhaust and Headers

Sounds to me that you aren't as into your civic as most of use here are. So maybe you would want to get the dc sports stuff because its cheaper. Me though, I dump every penny I have on my car and my next buy is a greddy 4-2-1 header, magnaflow catalytic converter, and an evo2. Then ZEX kit and internal work. So to answer your question about is it "too good" depends on how much you are into tuning your car.

btw 1k is too much for that stuff, try ebay and froogle (google shopping) to find better prices on them, just make sure they are real and don't say "greddy style"

Old 03-22-2007, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

what is the difference between a stock catalytic converter, and an aftermarket one, I don't know that much about em. Dude I've put a lot of money into my car already I just heard from a guy about the greddy being too good for it...why would you go greddy on the header and evo 2 and magnaflow on the catalytic converter? just wondering how that all works

Old 03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

Greddy makes the Evo2 exhaust. Aftermarket cats are just like any other i/h/e mod, they have better flow than stock plus the metallic core ones are more tolerant to rich air/fuel ratios.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

so you would definitly recommend an aftermarket cat as well eh? magnaflow puts together a good one too eh? right on...have you done an exhaust install before? Getting a new cat does that require any welding?

Old 03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

I havn't installed an exhaust before but it's pretty strait forward. As for the new cat, some you will have to weld and some are bolt on.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 PM

boy if i had a grand i wouldnt be dumping it into exhaust. Buy a cheaper header and find a used greddy exahust! Some guy herewas just selling his evo 2 for 350 shipped and theres usually better deals than that on the big E.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

greddy is good stuff for real. thats too much though....id say about $800 instead. and yes magnaflow is a good cat but random technologies is very good too.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

i wouldn't waste the cash on the greddy header, get a ceramic one, they're a lot cheaper that ss and do the job just as well. However evo2 is a GREAT choice

Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

Greddy is top of the line, nothing is "too good" for a Civic man haha but $1000 for header and exhaust, no way. Spend it on a turbo or something. Apexi WS2 or GReddy Evo 2 can usually be had for about $300-$400, and a nice Megan header is about $150. That will do you real good.

And as for the catalytic converter, read "The Truth About Catalytic Converters" at the top of the I/H/E page

Quick Reply: GReddy Exhaust and Headers