Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Header and Exhaust experiences with 02 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Default Header and Exhaust experiences with 02 Civic EX

Whattup fellow Civic-owners!? I've saved up a few hundred dollars for the next step in putting a stop to the factory installed suffocation that runs rampant in the US! Currently I have the AEM V2 Cold Air Intake, and that's it. I'm trying to decide which header to purchase, and then in a couple months, the exhaust system of course. From my internet research, it seems that the DC sports headers are the top of the line. They offer the 4-1 (CARB exempt in CA I hope)and the 4-2-1 header (not CARB exempt because it eliminates the Cat.). Since the 4-2-1 is supposed to be for racing applications, does it offer better HP gains for a stock engine (besides the intake)? If I get the 4-2-1, will I have to put the stock one back every time to pass smog? I was just wondering if it was worth it to get the 4-2-1 and if it's bad for the car or the car's computer to do it. Comments from anyone with experience in this department would be greatly appreciated before I drop $400 bones on this header.

Oh yeah, for the exhaust I was thinking of flowmaster magnaflow, it seems to be the standard for most.

Thanks all,
Ale
-Love your Civic.