Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

header vs. intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM
HCF Member
Default header vs. intake

My v2 intake should get here tomorrow. If i did my own install on my dc header, how easy will it be comparitively to install?

Old 11-16-2006, 05:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: header vs. intake

extremely easy. just make sure you don't break the AIT sensor. it'll cost a **** load to replace

Old 11-16-2006, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

btw, all you'll need is a screwdriver and a torque wrench/sockets. an extension for the torque wrench will make the job a lot easier

also, CLEAN OUT THE PACKING PEANUTS BEFORE YOU INSTALL

Old 11-16-2006, 06:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

My v2 intake should get here tomorrow. If i did my own install on my dc header, how easy will it be comparitively to install?

Yeah, an intake is alot easier to install than a header. Not to get off topic, but whered you get your headlights from? I'm looking for a set for my car.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: D16Punk

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

Yeah, an intake is alot easier to install than a header. Not to get off topic, but whered you get your headlights from? I'm looking for a set for my car.
np man. I ordered them online from ebay. They are pretty much like oem, except they have black housing. They cost 92 bucks shipped i think (price may be up to like 108 or something now). I think the vendor might have been something like x3 or something like that. I don't think these are the exact ones i got but they are very similar.
black housing lights
Ive had mine for a few months and have nothing but good things to say about them. Super easy to install even for an 18 year old noob like me. Good luck!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:06 PM

i have done both and had more problems with the intake just because i broke the air assist sylonoid valve when takeing off the stock airbox so be carefull when disconnecting the hoses

Old 11-20-2006, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

air assist sylonoid valve
What is that? is that the little hose that connects to the engine? I have switched through a variety of intakes and tonight I am finally giving up and putting my stock airbox back on! I am tired of worrying about driving in the rain. I want to do the header myself but I really am afraid of messing something up... is there a DIY on it? I would love to read someone's install guide!

Are there anymore tips for removing the header?

Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

I am tired of worrying about driving in the rain. I want to do the header myself but I really am afraid of messing something up... is there a DIY on it? I would love to read someone's install guide!

Are there anymore tips for removing the header?

Moogly the entire filter has to be SUBMERGED in water to get hydrolock, and if ur really that worried, get an air bypass valve man.

Header is completely totally bolt on and bolt off. That was my first mod that i was scared of and it went really smooth. Somehow ought to do a header DIY on here, that would take care of soooo many newb posts. You shoul defianetly do it Moog.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

it rained here in north carolina for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT. no lie.

we got so much rain, my friend had to carry an extra pair of shoes and socks out of his apartment as he slogged through four inches of standing water to get to his car.

he changed his shoes and socks at work. lol.

parts of our state is under a severe flood warning.

I'm getting a short ram intake soon, probably an INJEN, because I just can't risk it.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

^ that is why i went with an SRI, cause i am paranoid of hyrodlock...

Quick Reply: header vs. intake