Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Headers/exhaust/intake questions???

Old 11-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Default Headers/exhaust/intake questions???

I have been talking to many people about what i should put on my car. I want quality parts and want the best performance out of each part. I was thinking about purchasing the Greddy Evo II cat-back exhaust first, DC Sports header, and the AEM v2 intake last. Do you think thats a good setup and a good order to buy and install each item?

I drive a 2000 Honda Civic Ex 5-speed.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Default RE: Headers/exhaust/intake questions???

heya sounds cool dont really know much myself tho, i do know that if you install
anything above the backbox it will fail car worthyness test well its called the NCT in ireland and MOT
in uk, dont know wher ur at tho.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

You've got an excellent set-up there. I've got the EvoII and 4-1 DC Headers. I went with a Password:JDM PowerChamber Intake though, but from what everyone says the V2 is great. I would suggest that if you plan on doing the exhaust installation yourself that you get the header and cat-back at the same time (you may even want to look into a high-flow catalytic converter). This way you can remove the entire OEM exhaust as one unit and install the new stuff all at once.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 PM

how much does a quality high flow cat gonna run price wise. and whats its significance.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

Procivic.com has one for 85 shipped I believe.. it is made by magnaflow. It just allows the air to flow better while still doing its job to save the world from evil pollutants that cause ice caps from melting and mutant zombies from killing us all.

If you're doing it in pieces I say start from the front to back, Intake-Header-cat and exhaust at the same time

Old 11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

high cat converter is not too much of a diference ur beter of with ur oem converter, u wont feel the gain its a complete waste of $100, ad about ur setup its good just make sure u get 4-2-1 headers, they give better flow than 4-1

Old 11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

High Flow Cat still passes emissions which is good, and gives you better exhaust flow. It's also a bit louder, whcih is good and bad, depending on who you are and what you want. Shouldn't be too much, and thats a good setup you got man. I wanna hear it when yo u get it installed.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ic892003

high cat converter is not too much of a diference ur beter of with ur oem converter, u wont feel the gain its a complete waste of $100, ad about ur setup its good just make sure u get 4-2-1 headers, they give better flow than 4-1
ic892003 hit it exactly. hi-flow cats are a COMPLETE waste of money. they offer so little gain its not even worth it. use the SEARCH function and you'll find what you want to know about catalytic converters

Old 11-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: my05civic

hi-flow cats are a COMPLETE waste of money.
Just to elaborate, they're a waste on a stock car. For those of us running F/I, it's a more than sensible mod

Old 11-20-2006, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

I forget which one, but one of the import tuner mags recently did a test and found that on a stock car, there was a 1hp difference between a stock cat and a hi-flow ceramic cat.. dyno tested.. however like 40 said, for a F/I car it will give a little more.. also, if you are planning on F/I then the i/h/e is pretty worthless because you will have to just sell it and get something different down the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headers/exhaust/intake questions???