Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

help plz?...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: help plz?...

Did you try having someone tweak the filter position while you lined up the bolt? It looks like it is close right now.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

yea...its actualy like maybe half an inch to the left...or maybe an inch to the left of that hole

Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

I had this problem a bit too.. Just try moving it a bit. I think if you have the thing ALL the way down on the throttle body that could be the problem, raise it about 1/4" and move it a bit, what I did was raise it a bit, move it and had my friend quickly screw in the bolt. Maybe that'll help?

Well, try to losen things a bit, and grab the Intake kinda by the filter(below it, where the piping is) and push up and it should align up. I'm pretty sure thats how I got mine to work.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

ok ill try it....and also a quick question...if i get a heatshield for my AEM, will i still get the same performance?...and the same ammount of air intake?..because when i saw some heatshields they completly cover the intake and i dont see how the intake takes in air..

Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 AM
HCF Member

GRRR im having an issue with it...DAMNIT!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Civic|UnLimiteD

if i get a heatshield for my AEM, will i still get the same performance?...and the same ammount of air intake?..because when i saw some heatshields they completly cover the intake and i dont see how the intake takes in air..
It's said that wrapping the piping will keep the air cooler but I've never seen significant gain in wrapping the intake. I'm sure there are bound to be people who say otherwise.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

nah i aint talkin about gain in performance, i was just wondering if my performance would stay exactly the same w/ the heat shield?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

I wouldn't bother.. I mean, I love sporting off my V2 to my friends[8D].

Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

i know but since the v2 is soo close to the engine like in the pic...wouldnt it take in more warm or hot air than cold unless i get the heat shield....

Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

You could end up making it worse! I'd get some flexible hose and route cold air up from underneath. It may not look cool, but if it pumps cold air at the filter, HP will rise.

Quick Reply: help plz?...