Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Horsepower Upgrades for Reasonable Price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Default Horsepower Upgrades for Reasonable Price?

Sup Guys,
Just wondering if anyone knew of some affordable upgrades to gain HP...I already have CAI, and i just ordered my N1 exhaust......but i'd like to get some more HP but only have about 200-300 bucks left in my budget for upgrades...if anyone has ideas just let me know what they are and how much they cost.....take it easy...peace

Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Default RE: Horsepower Upgrades for Reasonable Price?

Headers. That will complete your I/H/E system and each piece will be complimentary to the next ^_^ From what I've seen, they shouldn't cost more than $200, if that much.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

a sweet cam.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dc header

Old 06-07-2006, 12:09 AM

+1 for header. complete that i/h/e ^_^

forced induction is the best bang for the buck though.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 PM

aight....i am gonna order a dc header tonite.....keep if anyone has any other horsepower ideas jsut keep them coming....oh and on the forced induction idea....that would be great but i dont have 2 grand for the entire greddy kit....possibly a next year project if anything cuz college takes a majority of my money....but ya thanks for all the help guys....keep gettin me ideas......peace

Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 AM

yeah money is tight. i feel ya lol. id suggest putting together your own kit together i think theres a write up some where around the forums. it will run you about a grand..little more. that extra grand you save you can put to building up internals of your d, tuning, and everything else needed.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 PM

If you have a stock motor, you will lose HP if you go to bigger piping and a header. The reason behind that is the exhaust velocity is much slower, because you are pushing the exhaust through a bigger pipe. I did it anyway for my civic, because I knew I was going to put a turbo kit on it. Even then, my header wasn't any good, because I got a different one for my turbo kit. I would hate to see you waste your money. If I was you, I would save your money and purchase a turbo kit. I purchased a Greddy TD04 turbo kit on Ebay for $1300 after shipping. I hope this helps.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

Loose HP with bigger exhaust? I beg to differ, the velocity of the exhaust flow has RPM sweet spots... that low velocity backs things up on the bottom end and you loose torque, but it gives you the overall evacuation you need on the top so you gain some there.

PS: After the header, I would save your money for a turbo kit, but the header should tide you over for now. The only problems is, your intake and header won't work in a forced induction setup, but your exhaust will but it'll need some modifications...

Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 PM

I'm just stating what happened w/ my hatch. I lost a lot of power, because my exhaust system was wanting to suck out more air than what my engine was putting out. Also too, if you purchase a header and then a turbo kit, you have just wasted your money...I just found that out the hard way. The reason is the header will not work w/ the turbo kit...peace!

Quick Reply: Horsepower Upgrades for Reasonable Price?