Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

How should i go about putting on an exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Default How should i go about putting on an exhaust?

hey guys, i have a 05 lx civic and i was wondering what i need for an exhaust upgrade. could somebody give me a list of everything?
so far, what comes to my mind is this: ex megan header, o2 simulator, catalytic converter, and an ex megan catback exhaust. is there something i'm missing? also, could i bolt this stuff on without any problems or will i have to take it to a shop?

my other option for this is getting a axleback: will have have to buy more than the axle back for the upgrade? will this bolt on no problem without welding>?

thanks

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How should i go about putting on an exhaust?

exhaust system: header--->Catalitic converter-->resonator--->midpiping--->muffler
hangers, etc.

i wouldn't recommend an o2 simulator, it'll give you trouble from what i hear

if you get what you said,if the catalitic converter is bolt-on to your model, that list should be fairly accurate of what you need

Old 03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

yea that sunds about good, header, then highflow cat, thenthe catback includes the midpipe, muffler and resonator.

You will probably get a CEL with a new exhaust system, so i've heard that o2 simulators are hard to wire in and get right but if done properly they work really good. Get the new exhaust and if you get a CEL, then think about investing a simulator.

Other than that just remember to get name brand exhaust components and you should be good

Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

for 7th gen civics, you only need the o2 sim if u do a race header. If you do decide to do an rh, go with casper electronics o2 sim. I have it and no cel or any problems.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 01CivicEX
go with casper electronics o2 sim. I have it and no cel or any problems.
are they plug and play harness simulators, or splice into the stock wire simulators?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

as far as i know, the axle back would just bolt on to your stock piping. correct me if i'm wrong guys...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

^ what? who said anything about an axle back system, and yes, to answer your question, it bolts directly to your exhaust mid piping.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 PM

for an exhaust upgrade...header, straight pipe or hi-flow cat, and any run of the mill catback exhaust is all u really need. to do the work urself, just need some pretty basic tools: sockets, wrenches, pb blaster, etc...i wouldnt consider an axel back an upgrade at all really(other than louder), wont gain any power...but ya some axel backs just bolt to the stock piping, others u need to weld.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

how do axle backs sound? like a megan racing axle back... catbacks sound good (of course), and muffler only sounds bad (for the most part). seeing that this is kinda between, how does it fare?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

^ its the exhaust upgrade between fart can and catback. Both are far as sound and gains go. Should just go catback in the first place

Quick Reply: How should i go about putting on an exhaust?