Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I dont know what going on...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:59 PM
HCF Member
Default I dont know what going on...

ok megan header is installed just got the magnaflow high flow cat welded in and put the drift spec on so im drivin home from the shop gettin on the freeway and hammer down when she revs to around five and a half somethin happens and it feels like somethin slipped and the motor reved up really fast (i dont have vtec) when this happened i let off the gas the check engine light came on and the speedometer is going nuts just movin all over the place. So i pull off at the next exit and disconnect the battery (cause when i reinstalled the o2 sensor i had to do this to take the check engine light off) but when i reconnect it everythin is still messed up now it drives normal but if you slam the gas it revs up but slowly and doesnt gain hardly any speed. Its not the clutch cause that was replaced a few months ago with a nice act one. I dont know what is goin on. I called the guys at the speed shop and they said it is because my cat is after the o2 sensors now and they will be able to fix it when they put the supercharger on with the ex ecu in a couple weeks. This is really wierd to me though because before i took it in the check engine light was off and everyting was running normal all i had to do when i put the header on was extend the o2 sensor wires and hook it back up, disconnect the battery and then it ran fine so why is it going nuts now?

Old 10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I dont know what going on...

just talked to the guys at idaho speed and they said that its just becasue the computer is trying to compensate for the signals its geting from the o2 sensors i dunno lol

Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

I'm almost positive you said you had a HX. Well I have one aswell and after I installed the header I had no problems. I also had a magnaflow high flow cat welded after the header and have had no problems. That's odd though, good luck with it.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

ya its sounds really odd to me to and ya its an hx so i guess ill just wait a few weeks and see how everythin works when the guys at idaho speed center get done putting everything else on and tuning it

Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM

Wait is your car drivable and what is the problem? Your Checklight is on and speedometer is going nuts? Jumping around even at idle?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

no the speedo only goes nuts when im movin and the check engine light is on all the time right now. The car drives normal unless i just hammer down then it just kind of flattens out and cant accelerate but just drivin around its normal. Im told its because computer is getting all confused from the reading from the o2 sensor becasue one sensor used to be reading the air after the cat but now they are both in front of the cat so its throwin em off.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 PM

Isnt one sensors supposed to be before the cat and another right after? Also what you can do is, because I had a simular problem with my speedo going crazy but nothing like your accel problem is. Honda has this warrenty called "Honda Care" I think. Anyway your warrenty is good for up to 150k miles. Anytime the engine check light comes on and only for the check light you can take it into them and they will fix it for you FREE OF CHARGE. As long as its the checklight. My cars speedometer was going completely nuts even at idle. I bought a new speed sensor it still didn't fix it. A friend of mine who works as a Mechanic for Honda told us about this warrenty, I went in with my pops and told em about the problem and that it should be under warrenty and they fixed all of it free of charge. It ended up being the previous owner did some faulty wiring and that if I did it again they would void my warrenty. Anyway it was all fixed FREE 100% I don't know if Idaho has it but here in California we have it. It's worth a shot to call em up and ask. This way they can hook your car up to the comp and see what exactly is going wrong and like I said they fix whatever is making the engine check light go one so maybe they'll fix it for you.

Hope this helps

Old 10-10-2006, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

oh sweet thanks ill deffinatly call them so i can see what is goin on thanks again!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 PM

So how did it go? Do they have that warrenty in Idaho? The purpose of this is to see what is actually wrong / causing the problem with your car. If you're lucky they might fix it for you free of charge or they might say "Well son, you have after market junk yadda yadda so we can't support anything on here and your warrenty is now voided."

Old 10-10-2006, 11:55 PM
HCF Member

i dunno got to go talk to em tomorrow lol im afraid they might say that with the aftermarket crap stuff

Quick Reply: I dont know what going on...