Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

i need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:21 PM
HCF Member
Default i need help!!

ok so i just got a skunk 2 intake manifold and i got it installed and now when i start the car you can hear a leak but all the hose are connected except one which theres no connection so and its not sucking air or anything, but besides the leak i just drove it down the road and it doesnt accelerate anywhere near as quick as it used to and i am shooting out tons of white smoke, plz help!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:41 PM

A hole in the IM would cause a vacuum leak. You need to find that vacuum leak, or your car will not idle properly. The white smoke sounds to be coolant burning, but it is just a guess. If you're burning coolant, maybe your head gasket is toast?

You stated that there's a hose which is not connected. It could either be a coolant hose, or a vacuum hose. Do you have a picture the hose and where it is coming from?

If it is a vacuum hose, plug it for the time being. If the car still doesn't run/idle properly, you need to search on the IM for a hole (not a defect like hole) and plug it. If it is a coolant hose, it could explain why you're shooting out white smoke.

I am gonna snap a pic of my Skunk2 IM. I had a problem with a vacuum leak when I installed mine. It took me two days to find where the hole was and to plug it up.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM

Here we go. The first three pics are just simple pics of how it looks. Obviously, I have mine painted a semi-gloss black. Ugh, now that I look at it, it really needs to be cleaned! I am pointing at where my vacuum leak was causing my trouble in the last two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to that issue, I had to extend almost everything for it to fit properly! If you look at the 2nd pic, I had to also alter the OEM throttle cable "holder" by drilling a hole it in so it would match up with the skunk2. I hope this helps!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 05-30-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

i had that hole plug up, so thats not the problem the leak sounds like its coming from the top of the manifold

Old 05-30-2009, 02:22 PM

All I can say is make sure everything is plugged up. Maybe it could be your IAC?

Old 05-30-2009, 02:36 PM
HCF Member

iac? sorry still learning abbreviations

Old 05-30-2009, 02:47 PM

IAC stands for Idle Air Control valve. Sometimes it gets dirty and needs to be cleaned out to help your idle. If you look at the first/second pic I posted, the IAC is the silverish thing with a black attachment directly behind the IM. It is bolted onto the IM.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

thats what i hear the leak coming from but its bolted on tight

Old 05-31-2009, 01:45 AM
HCF Member

ok so i have checked and the throttle body was leaking, i sealed that then plugged all the hoses in but this thing just makes my car run horribly. still the white smoke comes out and it is no where near as responsive as it was (doesnt accelerate at all). i dont know what to do, do i take it to a shop and will they install it and have it run properly and if i do that how much would that cost?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

well im bringing it to a shop to just have them put it on, thanks for all your opinions.

Quick Reply: i need help!!