Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I NEED help with an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Default I NEED help with an exhaust

i have a brand new civic SI, and i was wondering which type of exhaust system i should be looking into.
i am looking for something that will give me the best sound and performace (HP). do these systems come with cats, or should i buy a magnaflow cat. i've been looking on procivic.com, so if you have any suggestions on other parts let me know.

some i am looking at now are Greddy, and Skunk2. let me know if there are better ones out there or if i should go for one of those.

some other things i am looking for are cold air in-take, and some headers. if you have any suggestions i am open to all.

thanks everyone for all your help.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I NEED help with an exhaust

go custom exhaust for the cheapest; just buy a universal muffler (a reputable brand of course) and have a shop weld it on. also, header, not headers. you have 1 bud. i don't think aem has a intake for the new si's yet, so if you REALLY want one, you probably have to just get one off ebay and slap a good filter on it. read the stickied FAQS on top.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 AM

i have a mustang as well, so i am used to saying headers. lol. i'm not really worried about money, i just want to make sure i am doing the right thing for a civic. i know everything about the stuff for a mustang but these civics are diffenrent. i am just getting into them. another person told me A'pexi N1 would be a good choice. you think thats better then the Skunk2? thanks.

procivic.com has AEM cold air intakes for civic SI. i was thinking about getting the buddy club racing header. there kinda pricey but wutever. u think a good buy, with the Skunk2?

Old 08-06-2007, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

Apexi N1 is good quality but loud as shiat

Old 08-06-2007, 10:10 AM

so skunk2, greddy, or A'pexi N1.

Buddy club header or DC sports?.

cold air intake, or short ram intake?

should i get a magnaflow converter for cat back exhaust system? or no? buddy club header i think requires it.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 AM
HCF Member

bear in mind, i'm not really familiar with the new si's

dc sports header if you live in cali, megan racing if you don't (not sure about their product availability for your car). buddy club stuff = $$$$$$$

get a cai. a catback system doesn't mess with the cat because it's cat back (e.g. behind the catalytic converter)

Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

magnaflow is good stuff as well.. like brokenblinker said apexi stuff is loud as f*ck.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM

any one have any comments about the club buddy Pro spec cat-back? cuz i am leaning on that or the skunk2, i heard a few greddy set ups and they didnt sound so good. i heard 4 differnent ones and only one sounded decent. i dont know if the other 3 had bad install jobs or wut, but it didnt wound as good as other people have told me.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 AM

*buddy club* mouse clicked after and i didnt fix

[IMG]local://upfiles/23981/0CADE5D2DDEE4F408941F0F6DC12298C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-07-2007, 02:30 PM
HCF Member

when you buy buddy club, you mostly buy the name, although the quality is definitely there...

Quick Reply: I NEED help with an exhaust