Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I need help with my civic sport 1.6

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Default I need help with my civic sport 1.6

Right guys, I'm a newbie and I need help on choosing the right exhaust

I'm from the UK and I have a civic sport 1.6 vtec 54reg, I'm looking for a very LOUD deep bassy tone and I've got my eyes on the Cobra Sport ST1 4" Jap exhaust, but I have no idea what it sounds like.

I have been told it's loud by the sellers, but I would like opinions from other people. The things is, I have already fitted a custom-made exhaust but it doesn't give me the tone I want because it only roars if I step on it, and when i reach 4000revs i start to hear some bassy tone.

I want a louder bassier version even without having to step on it. Can anyone offer me their views on the Cobra ST1 for a Honda civic 1.6? Cheers

Old 03-17-2006, 02:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I need help with my civic sport 1.6

is four inches the exhaust tip or the piping? because four inch piping will absolutely destroy your exhaust velocity.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

I have a cobra cob4 (fb), to be honest you cant go wrong with them, the quality is up there with HKS, internal welds etc, and its probably the deepest sounding exhaust ive heard. Only thing is its LOUD AS HELL! Its ok when your in the mood, but when you want to chill it gets to be a pain in the ***. Think the one your gettin has a removable tip so that can quieten it down if you want. Are you getting a whole cat back done and where at?

Old 03-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Alrite guys, thanks for your replies. I was talking about 4" exhaust Tip mate =)

uk civhead- Well mate, I'm thinking of just getting the backbox because that's all I need really, right? Nice you have the Cob4 on the EG hehe. The thing was, I was worried about the exhaust not being loud enough because I haven't seen anyone with a Civic Sport 1.6 with a loud exhaust tbh. I asked exhaustsuk.co.uk about the Cob4 for my car, but they told me that if I was going for loudness then it's the ST1 i should get and not Cob4 :/ But I was re-assured by the makers that the Cobra ST1 4" was definitely one of the loudest ones.

Have you heard the ST1 roarrr from anyone you know mate? Just want to make sure before I go and buy it =) I'm planning to get order it from POTN.com for about £68.99 not incl delivery, but if you guys know where I could get it cheaper then please post. Thanks guys.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:11 AM
HCF Member

ok good thats what i was hoping to hear

Old 03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

I had mine built by them and I got 2.25 inch pipeing, I would check the diameter or your current set up as the width of pipe has an effect on the tone, If you want it loud then make sure its 2.25 or 2.5 inches. I havent heard the ST1 but when I was there they said all the jap can's sound pretty much the same. I havent heard the ST1 yet but I will do soon when my mate gets his done there as hes getting that one. You cant really beat potn for prices either, and that does sound a good deal, but in the long run i think a whole new system from exhausts UK would give you the best sound but would cost a hell of a lot more.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:34 AM

Thanks mate. Yeh mine is 2.5inch pipe I was told.

When is your friend going to fit his ST1 on? What price was he quoted for the exhaust + fitting? :S I think I can get mine fitted for £35 /hr.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

He's getting the whole lot done at exhausts uk for £300, and thats with a 2.5" pipeing as he plans for boost.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:30 PM

£300? is that a full system or just the backbox? Are there great benefits from a full system?

Could I just fit the backbox now, and then install a full system later on?

Old 03-19-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

Its not the manifold but its everything from the cat back. much better than just a back box on stock pipe. good hp increase and nice deep sound that you just dont get with just replacing the back box.

Quick Reply: I need help with my civic sport 1.6