Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Installation

Old 06-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Default Installation

I've been looking at a few exhaust systems.. and I think it'd be pretty cool to do this by myself,
since everyone talks about how easy it is.

When I buy the exhaust system, what pieces am I looking for that it needs to have to upgrade
it (ie. more than just the muffler) and what exactly am I going to be looking at needing to do
when I install it? What works best on getting the car lifted up to work under (and safest, I dont
need to die by having my car crushing my body in)

Thanks for any info.

Oh, and should I get a cold air intake before or after the exhaust? Or does it really matter?

Old 06-18-2005, 12:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installation

you can get a decent floor jack and jackstands at a parts store for not too much money. i think all you really need for an install of a good cat-back exhaust is a 12mm wrench, and a 14mm socket. if youre not used to jacking up your car and using jackstands, get a friend who is to help you understand the safe places to set them.

Old 06-18-2005, 12:09 PM

That's all you really need? I was expecting to have to work under the hood too...

So, when buying this exhaust system, what pieces am I looking for?

The muffler and a long pipe, right?

Old 06-18-2005, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

yeah, but youre not going to be happy for a long time unless you get a quality system. people here have had good experiences with Tsudo (louder than some) Greddy SP2 (quieter than Tsudo, but not too quiet) and Greddy EVO2 (very quiet at low rpm, deep sound at higher rpm)

Old 06-18-2005, 12:16 PM

Ah, so perhaps I should save myself the trouble and go right for the Greddy EVO2, that sounds best... I dont want to set intimidation until I rev up to someone... and I also dont want to be an *** and wake the neighbors when I am just pulling into the driveway... How much do those usually go for?

Oh, and I am posting my pictures now

Old 06-18-2005, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

450-550.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

good choice

and it doesnt really matter which one you do first. one thing you might consider is save another 250 and get an AEM CAI V2 and put that on the same time you put the catback on.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:47 PM

You might wanna save up and buy a header so you can install it all at the same time.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

That gonna be a nice setup!

Old 06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

You might wanna save up and buy a header so you can install it all at the same time.
that depends. are you planning on doing a turbo? if so then id recommend against a header, as youd be getting rid of it when you got the turbo. on the other hand, if your not planning on turboing a header will save a bit of weight and may add 4 or 5 horsepower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installation