Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Installed - Magnaflow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
HCF Member
Default Installed - Magnaflow exhaust

Well, I finally got some buddies to help me install the exhaust. Man was it an adventure!! We decided to do it yesterday (4th of July) because basically that's one of the only days I have off when they were up - unless I wanted to wait till late August! But, little did we now our area was going to get pounded by 20 min downpores with thunder and lightning ever hour or two. [:@] So most of the day we were laying in a huge puddle with mud caked all over us.

Well, we get the car up on ramps, unbolt the old rusted out bults fairly easy with a lot of WD-40.. with the exception of bending one of them. Go to take the other bolts out where the muffler connects to the resonator on the old exhaust and they won't budge, no matter how much wd-40 we spray on it. So, out comes the dremel. We figured we would try to save the bolts, so we cut the pipe right after the resonator.

Out comes the old and in goes the new.. After getting a better angle on the bolts in the resonator, I finally get one free, and ended up snapping the other. So, at least now I have two straight bolts to put the new pipe back on.. well, no luck with that because the original bolt that was used for connecting to the cat wounldn't thread because the threads started like 1/4" down the bolt and the spring wasn't allowing it to connect to the cat. So, there the exhaust hung, with only one bolt. [:@] At this time is started lighting real close to the house, so we decided to call it a day and get what we needed today (July 5th).

I go to honda this morning, get the bolts and come back to the house and within 5 minutes it was bolted on, set and ready to roar. EXCEPT for now the hangers are too short and they are making the pipe hit my sway bar in the front.. so after running around to 5 different stores, I go back to the first one and find a "Universal Hanger Kit" and put longer hangers on the far back which dropped the front a little, enough to make it stop rattleing. It only seems to do it now when I am trying to keep it at 25-30mph and my rpms stay at like 1.5-2k... but I rarely do that!

Here's a photo of it finished.. sorry for horrible quality, picture phone. I should be getting a new camera next week sometime, so I will get more photos of my car then..

[IMG]local://upfiles/10011/CB4DB6C1DEB94C86A35B0EB1C957B011.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Installed - Magnaflow exhaust

any side pics? so you like it a lot

Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 PM

How does it sound? How much did it cost you? I am planning on getting one.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

I love the exhaust.. The sound is amazing, even my fiance was drooling over it, especially after I let her take it for a spin.. Noticed a bit of difference in the flow of the engine.. I used to almost red-line when trying to pass someone in a hurry and today on my way to work it did it without a hiccup.. I don't have any other pics yet until I get a new camera, but once I do I will post a couple of them up. I will also be using a buddies laptop this weekend to try and get some sound clips..

As far as cost, I bought it used from a guy near me, he had it on his wife's civic for less than 1 yr and was asking $250, but because I had to drive 1hr+ one way to get it he dropped it down to $225 for me.. The cheapest I saw them when I was looking online was around $410 + s/h

Old 07-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member

nice.... another satisfied magnaflow owner

Old 07-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

im glad to see more people with magnaflow...i love mine

Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

3/4s of the aftermarket exhausts on this site are Magnaflows.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

yeah, i got one too,you can feel the extra power and i love the sound

Old 07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

I'm interested in getting a magnaflow aswell.
Do they have different kinds, or do you just find one that fits your car and they all sound the same?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 AM

on the magnaflow website you can hear a clip from a 7th gen. but the 6th gen seems louder and deeper. i also have a magnaflow cat back from jegs.com. it was 400 even with free shipping. it also comes with all the hardware that you need.

Quick Reply: Installed - Magnaflow exhaust