Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Installed my cat-back today! *VIDEO w/SOUND ADDED!*

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default Installed my cat-back today! *VIDEO w/SOUND ADDED!*

It went pretty well. Ran into some minor issues, but got through it pretty quick.

1st and part of 2nd gear..

Strut bar test.. PASSED. Will be getting a few different angles at some other places soon..

Old 05-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Installed my Megan Racing cat-back today

Here are the pics of the install.. another fun project in the books...

This is my buddy Theo, he helps me on all my projects... Just wanted to clear up that that is NOT me with a "Chevy Racing" hat on.. haha

It looks, and sounds great as far as i'm concerned. Nice, REALLY low tone. I just have to take a chunk out of the bumper piece directly about the tip, its rubbing on there and melting it... Any suggestions to fix that issue without cutting the bumper?

Old 05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

Looks good, looks very similar to my Tsudo. Do you have any rattling problems with that at all? Feel a difference in performance? One thing that you could do is stick a piece of card board or something in between the bumper and the muffler.

Old 05-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Thanks man! Nope, no rattling problems at all actually. And holy crap, i just took it for a tear on the highway...WOW. At about 5500 RPMs that thing sounds insane. I'm way more impressed with this system than i thought i would be... I'd like to say that i did feel an HP increase, but its probly just the added noise making me think i was going faster. I'll be honest tho, while taking that on ramp it did feel a little quicker.

One thing that you could do is stick a piece of card board or something in between the bumper and the muffler.
I will give that a shot. The thought had crossed my mind when i walked into work (we house about 4000 types of cardboard boxes), but didnt know if it would work or not. So i'll try it out. Thanks again!

Old 05-11-2005, 02:37 PM

A piece of cardboard is just going to catch fire. I would take and bend the hangers to where the exhaust is hanging a little lower and not touching the bumper. It'll take a little more work and patience, but everything worthwhile does.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Installed my cat-back today! *Pics Inside*(56k Beware)

haha look at the lighting diff between the stock and catback pics makes for interesting eye adjustment

Old 05-11-2005, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

A piece of cardboard is just going to catch fire.
I guarantee you the card board would not catch fire because the exhaust tips is not burning hot, and is not hot enough either way catch any thing on fire. However doing the hanger thing you suggested may work also.

Old 05-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Yeah, the carboard won't catch fire, and its providing a decent temporary fix for now. I'm going to a buddy's exhaust shop today to go through his old rubber brackets to try to find one a little bit longer than the ones i have on there now. That way it will naturally hang down a little farther without having to bend anything.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Update...

I FINALLY got rid of my bumper melting problem. THe cardboard held it off pretty good, but it was FAR from a permanent fix. Unfortunately i couldnt find brackets like the stock ones. So, i went to a muffler shop at they had universal ones with like 6 holes in them, so i just used those, cut to size, and it looks MUCH better now. And its not melting my bumper, which is always good... I'll have more pics up tomorrow hopefully..

-40-

Old 05-24-2005, 01:50 PM

Glad you got rid of the cardboard. Now that woulda been ricey.......cardboard!

Quick Reply: Installed my cat-back today! *VIDEO w/SOUND ADDED!*