Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intake on 2000 EX.... worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
HCF Member
Default Intake on 2000 EX.... worth it ?

Thinking of putting an intake on my 2000 EX, im not trying to win any races here but i would like to get a little more zip when i come off a red light (or while im looking around for COPS when i run a yellow after i have crossed the line trying to turn left on a 2 way). I plan on installing a header real soon and wanted to know if anyone has experienced a worth while gain. The current intake is stock (that huge black box with tubes running to both sides of the bumper right ) with a K&N.

So what would you guys recommend ?

EDIT:sorry.... 1.6 VTEC automatic tranny

Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Intake on 2000 EX.... worth it ?

its not going to add that much power. you won't even see a difference with just an intake. aem,injen and other name brand companies are good. But you can get an ebay intake and just get a good filter for it?

Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 PM

aftermarket intakes are usually better that stock air boxes because there is less restriction so more air flow. but magazine ads will claim you gain an extra 5 to 10 hp off of an intake but i can almost garuntee you that if intake and maybe an aftermarket exhaust manifold is allyou add to the vehicle, the car will most likely not perform as well as stock, it may feel faster because its loud, but i did cai headers and cat back on my fisrt civic and actually ended up loosing power, i was beat by a stock ex same year make and model as mine and its wasnt pretty. haah. but hey, im not trying to steer you away from this, im on my third honda. go all out!!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
HCF Member

Intakes will give better throttle response. And the only way your going to lose power with i/h/e is by getting a catback system that is 3" or more. check out the stickies in the header, intake,exhaust part of the site

Old 11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i have read the stickys over and over but i wanted to get a specific opinion since the stock intake on my EX is so much different than it was on my 97 LX

so the general consensus is to go for it ???

Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=trust_me.gif]. But don't expect to gain much HP. But it will sound good. Don't go cheap. Get an AEM or Injen, K&N Typhoon. But I love the AEM. I have the K&N typhoon on my 94 accord ex.

Don't believe this. Everybody says to just buy a tube from e-bay and put a quality Air Filter.
I did this and installed theK&N filter I have on my accord. It sounded GAY. There was whistling soundevery time you will punch on the gas. It seems that those tubes are NOTthe perfect thickness + sometimes you have to modified where the vacuum lines goes and the sensor also.I ended up giving it away to my friend. Bad investment.Plus I live In California i feel like doing this to those [sm=violent053.gif]cops. In some DUI check up points they will make you open your hood. If there are illegal modifications with out the CARB # you will get nailed [sm=boosign.gif]. Thats why I got the AEM CARB legal.

[sm=signs003.gif]

[sm=signs007.gif][sm=violent053.gif] DO IT

Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM

I just installed a Fujita cold air intake on my honda civic 2007 ex and It definitely added more torque and hp.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:35 AM
HCF Member

It doesn't add noticeable hp or torque. You won't see a difference. Its all in your head. You might get better throttle response.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

i understand the HP is not very noticable, but keep in mind that I am installing a new header as well. Like i said i am not trying to win any races here just wanna get a little more "zip"

Old 12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

Headers dont do much without a highflow cat and catback exhaust.

Quick Reply: Intake on 2000 EX.... worth it ?