Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake install estimate

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Default intake install estimate

so i got my CAI today. i know someone that'll do it for $50 and probably less. Is that a good deal? I don't know how much auto shops do it for. (it's for my '94)

Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: intake install estimate

just save the money and do it yourself man, it's not that hard to put an intake in.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

bah do it yourself Its so easy you CANT mess up. All you need a is a screwdriver and a socket wrench.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

bah do it yourself Its so easy you CANT mess up. All you need a is a screwdriver and a socket wrench.
+1. An intake is one of the simplest mods you can do.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM

I'm not that good with tools and stuff. He said he would show me how and as long as I do most of the work he would charge me next to nothing. I just don't feel confident enough in myself to do it.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 PM

u should really just try it urself. its one of the easiest mod u can do for ur car. just take the stock intake out, and put the new cai in, real straight forward. just a few bolts and couple screws.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

honestly man, if you want you can call me up if u run into a problem while youre doing it. Save yourself the money. It will feel so much nicer to have a new performance part that you installed yourself........just install it. A newb can do it in 45 mins.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:09 PM

seriously? wow.

I would love to do it on my own. It was a great feeling to have fixed my dent and crack myself. I'm going to look around online for a DIY since I didn't get one with the CAI. If I can find one that I understand then I would probably take you up on that offer.

But really, I don't know what's going on with the engine. It's all confusing for me. Really. I know what the intake is, I can identify that, but beyond that...

Old 05-11-2006, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

don't sweat it man...it really is a BREEZE...even if you don't have instructions, it's like your first spelling test in 1st grade...VERY SIMPLE

Old 05-11-2006, 09:34 PM

Alright. I've been convinced. I'll do it on my own, but I definitely want to find a DIY for some training wheels. I think I get the idea though and have read some on it. You basically get rid of the rubber tubing and that box it's connected to. Then put in the new tubing and take it down to the fender/bumper, right?

Quick Reply: intake install estimate