Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake install estimate

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: intake install estimate

Do if yourself you can't really messed anyting up. Everything is pretty much common sense. It is very very very easy that you'll understand what I mean when you start working on it. Im sure that the person your giving to intall is probaly excited because they get $50 for pretty much doing nothing. Take our word for it. Its very easy. If you run into problem just ask us.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 PM
mxs
HCF Member

get your buddy to come over and give you a hand, then buy him lunch or something. it's probably good to have another person around anyway.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 PM
HCF Member

yea, i mean when youre under the car its a long way to the fridge for a miller light.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: justinprime

Alright. I've been convinced. I'll do it on my own, but I definitely want to find a DIY for some training wheels. I think I get the idea though and have read some on it. You basically get rid of the rubber tubing and that box it's connected to. Then put in the new tubing and take it down to the fender/bumper, right?
take the clamps from the tubing off and take the sensor off the tubing. unbolt the air filter box from the engine bay and dissconnect it from the resenator box. crawl under the car and find the resinator box(just a big plastic box, ull see it) remove all the bolts and take it out. put the new intake tube and connect it to ur throttle body, secure it, put the sensor in the hole, and bolt it to the engine bay. unbolt some of the rubber lining under the fender and secure the filter to the end of the tubing. once everything is done, dont forget to reset ur ecu(disconnect the negitive terminal for about 30mins)

hope that helps

Old 05-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Pete

yea, i mean when youre under the car its a long way to the fridge for a miller light.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

I used to think that I was "not good with tools/cars and stuff," until my friend handed me a wrench and said "suck it up." I can't thank him enough for doing that, because today, there isn't a job I won't tackle. I promise that by the end of this install, you'll have a new found respect and confidence in yourself.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

Miller light? ...homo

Old 05-12-2006, 12:02 PM

i thought the same thing you thought, but i did it with my friend and it took 45 min. the only problem was one of the bolts on the stock intake was extremely stripped for some reason, so we had to drill it out. other than that, it is just a matter of figuring it out but you don't have to worry about really messing anything up. the only other thing you may need is to get new plastic stick in screws for the wheel well cover because you will have to break them off to put the filter on the end of the cold air. other than that just simple screwing and unscrewing. i didn't even disconnect my battery like a lot of other people said to and i haven't had any problems. afterwards you will feel the difference, nothing ridiculous, but it is cool when you put the pedal to the metal and hear that thing screaming.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

I would still recommend disconnecting your negative terminal for 30mins. oh well, that's just my opinion.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:40 PM

so I installed it with someone that knew what they were doing. It was kind of a pain in the ***. Lots of hard-to-reach places and some damned u-shaped rubber pipe that was hard as **** to get out. But putting the thing on was easy. My kit came with some mounting brackets tho and I don't know where to put those.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...514061753a.jpg

thanks for the help and advice.

up next... thinking header.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 PM

might as well do all the exhaust at the same time... then you only have to deal with rusted crap for one day...

Quick Reply: intake install estimate