Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intake/Intercooler Question

Old 12-05-2006, 09:32 PM
HCF Member
Default Intake/Intercooler Question

Well this is what im thinking is what i wanna do but im not all that sure if it will work. So i need a lil help
Well i have a 1996 Honda civic cx hatchback. I wanna get a cold air intake but hook it up through the intercooler. Is that at all possible to do that?
Thanks For help

Old 12-05-2006, 09:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Intake/Intercooler Question

It will work but why the hell...?

Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

Because Its Different And It Adds To The Blitz Mouth For Fill
Do you think bad idea

Old 12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

Well for one thing it's even riceyer than my unpainted body kit. It will probably give u even less hp too cas the air has more bends plus the intercooler to get sucked through before it gets inside the engine.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

Honestly that is gayer than the rainbow. Why not get a boost gauge too, just dont hook it up.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:13 PM

save the embarrassment and just get a regular CAI. u prolly wont gain much more performance out of that, and even if u did, u prolly wouldnt feel it...some dude at my school has an interfooler on his ej1 along with a gaudy wing, it makes me wana puke[:'(]

Old 12-06-2006, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

I think all of you guys are right im not gonna add something that has no purpose and is just retarded.... What was i thinking.
Well thanks for help and making me realize what a stupid idea

Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 AM
HCF Member

Intercooler for a turbo: cooling down ridiuclously hot, pressurized air

Intercooler for an intake: cooling down already cold air and probably losing you power

I know your a newb man, and sorry we're so harsh. haha i think i asked the same question as you, but now you know: Intercooler + Intake = Rice Factor off the charts. Seems like a good idea, but dont do it man.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

Well this is what im thinking is what i wanna do but im not all that sure if it will work. So i need a lil help
Well i have a 1996 Honda civic cx hatchback. I wanna get a cold air intake but hook it up through the intercooler. Is that at all possible to do that?
this idea is a waste of time and money and the amount of money u spend on a intercooler u can get a cold air intake probally make more power.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Do you have a turbo car, or are you just trying to further cool air in an N/A car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intake/Intercooler Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.