HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   intake loudness (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/intake-loudness-17411/)

TrAvMaNFTW 02-21-2006 05:36 PM

intake loudness

I'm ordering an aem sri and i need to know how loud it would be because i am going for the loud but not to loud and are cat converters neccesary.

dj_ipirate 02-21-2006 05:47 PM

RE: intake loudness

it wont be unberible or anything. its going to make your **** sound good. and yes going catless will make you sound like **** and its illeagal.

TorGa3iGhT 02-21-2006 07:12 PM

SRI will increase your sound under the engine...u will be able to tell the difference if everything else is stock already. It isn't going to be TOO noticeably loud...like it's not gonna turn heads or anything if u are driving by someone.

If you take off the cat, first off it's illegal (in CA anyways), and it will increase the sound of your car A LOT. Hope that helps!

jhsplaya08 02-21-2006 08:24 PM

it will give your car a better sound...dont worry

Pete 02-21-2006 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TorGa3iGhT

it's not gonna turn heads or anything if u are driving by someone.

Sure it will. When u get on it the SRI is going to scream. Its a deep balsy throaty sound. Your MPG are going to go down for a bit, because ur going to be punching it all the time. When u drive normal u wont really hear it, but the first time u punch it with the windows down your going to be amazed, its pretty loud in the cabin, and it sounds really good outside.

civicexracer 02-21-2006 08:32 PM

if u have the hood open with the engine running, the air getting sucked in sounds pretty sweet, and ya its kinda loud but no one will really notice it as much as an exhaust..

Nail I3unny 02-21-2006 08:42 PM

from inside the car at WOT they will overpower almost any exhaust. but from outside theyre not too loud.

Pete 02-21-2006 08:46 PM

I beg to differ, w/o exhaust an intake sounds good. I had a friend drive my car when i had my CAI on it, and he punched it.....i couldnt believe how it sounded.............i had the only civic around here with intake and NO exhaust, ppl were constantly asking me if I had a charger in my car..........

civicexracer 02-21-2006 09:06 PM

my friend put a V2 on his 03 civic and that thing makes his car sound like it has an exhaust, really loud...

ef4life 02-21-2006 09:20 PM

my short ram on my civic is not too loud. at idle, in the car i can hear the sucking noise with the windows up, and at full throttle it sounds real good, i think the engine noise is louder than the exhaust at WOT,

it won't set off a car alarm or anything, or wake up neighbors at 2am if you driving normal