Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake loudness

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
HCF Member
Default intake loudness

I'm ordering an aem sri and i need to know how loud it would be because i am going for the loud but not to loud and are cat converters neccesary.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Default RE: intake loudness

it wont be unberible or anything. its going to make your **** sound good. and yes going catless will make you sound like **** and its illeagal.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:12 PM

SRI will increase your sound under the engine...u will be able to tell the difference if everything else is stock already. It isn't going to be TOO noticeably loud...like it's not gonna turn heads or anything if u are driving by someone.

If you take off the cat, first off it's illegal (in CA anyways), and it will increase the sound of your car A LOT. Hope that helps!

Old 02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

it will give your car a better sound...dont worry

Old 02-21-2006, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TorGa3iGhT

it's not gonna turn heads or anything if u are driving by someone.

Sure it will. When u get on it the SRI is going to scream. Its a deep balsy throaty sound. Your MPG are going to go down for a bit, because ur going to be punching it all the time. When u drive normal u wont really hear it, but the first time u punch it with the windows down your going to be amazed, its pretty loud in the cabin, and it sounds really good outside.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:32 PM

if u have the hood open with the engine running, the air getting sucked in sounds pretty sweet, and ya its kinda loud but no one will really notice it as much as an exhaust..

Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

from inside the car at WOT they will overpower almost any exhaust. but from outside theyre not too loud.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

I beg to differ, w/o exhaust an intake sounds good. I had a friend drive my car when i had my CAI on it, and he punched it.....i couldnt believe how it sounded.............i had the only civic around here with intake and NO exhaust, ppl were constantly asking me if I had a charger in my car..........

Old 02-21-2006, 09:06 PM

my friend put a V2 on his 03 civic and that thing makes his car sound like it has an exhaust, really loud...

Old 02-21-2006, 09:20 PM

my short ram on my civic is not too loud. at idle, in the car i can hear the sucking noise with the windows up, and at full throttle it sounds real good, i think the engine noise is louder than the exhaust at WOT,

it won't set off a car alarm or anything, or wake up neighbors at 2am if you driving normal

Quick Reply: intake loudness