Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intake Manifold for Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 PM
HCF Member
Default Intake Manifold for Forced Induction

Has anyone heard anything about the Golden Eagle Turbo Intake Manifold? It costs $800 for a D series enigne, compared to half of that for other intake manifolds. Are the gains of an Edelbrock or Skunk2 Intake Manifold going to be as good on a turbocharged engine as they would on a NA engine? Can I really gain 10hp with an edelbrock manifold on a built/turbo'd engine?

Last edited by bcrichguitars; 12-25-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

Also are Blox and OBX just as good as Skunk2 and Edelbrock?

Old 12-25-2008, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by bcrichguitars
Also are Blox and OBX just as good as Skunk2 and Edelbrock?
Blox... probably... the company was made by former employees of skunk2. look at both of their dual bend shifters and compare side by side, you'll see what i mean
OBX, no

i heard skunk2 isn't that great with sensor fitment and stuff so i wouldn't really put edelbrock and skunk2 on the same level

Old 12-25-2008, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

search civic edelbrock intake dyno. Obviously with a turbo you'll get more power out of it, but on a stock N/A civic, I think it gained 8HP. Not worth the $300 or w/e it costs.

If you get/have a turbo, yeah I'd get it.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

If your going to get one, go with Edelbrock.

IMO of course...

Old 12-26-2008, 08:34 AM
HCF Member

just make sure you get the hondata mani gasket when you do the install they are pretty good in helping produce more power from your manifold. IMO i would look into a mani that has short runners which are better for turbo because the air shoots into the head of the motor faster producing more torque as opose to the long runner which produce more high end power.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by munkeewrench23
just make sure you get the hondata mani gasket when you do the install they are pretty good in helping produce more power from your manifold. IMO i would look into a mani that has short runners which are better for turbo because the air shoots into the head of the motor faster producing more torque as opose to the long runner which produce more high end power.
Thats good to know thanks alot guys I'm going to get the edelbrock with hondata gasket. By then my engine will be broken in and I can get it tuned with some boost!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
search civic edelbrock intake dyno. Obviously with a turbo you'll get more power out of it, but on a stock N/A civic, I think it gained 8HP. Not worth the $300 or w/e it costs.

If you get/have a turbo, yeah I'd get it.

They are not worth it? The edelbrock is worth it more so than any off the shelf intake. They have placement for a secondary fuelrail/direct fogger n2o system. Their runners are bigger. The throttle body plate can be machined past a 70mm bore. They are lighter. Them people have been making aftermarket intake manifolds sense before all your little ricer obx and skunk2 companies, they are way bigger than those companies, and they spend way more money on r & d than those other companies. Do you have any idea how hard it is to gain 8whp on a D series with a part that only takes 30 minutes to install?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

Hey Marty I have a question for you or anyone else who might be able to answer it. I've heard that the Performer X is the better manifold for forced induction but someone here mentioned shorter runners are better because the air is pushed into the head faster making more torque. The Edelbrock Victor X has much shorter runners and says maximum power between 7000 and 10 000rpm. I only plan on a ~8500rpm redline, would I be better off with the Performer X?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:39 PM

you're probably going to want the performer X to help with mid-range power more

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold for Forced Induction