Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake manifold issues!!!!! help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:54 AM
HCF Member
Default intake manifold issues!!!!! help!!!!!

well i got a new skunk2 pro series intake manifold and throttle body for my 00 ex. after i put it in/on my car revs too high...3k, and it was reving down to 2k then back up, as it warmd up it eventualy got to 1k but still revd up to 3k. i was told to adjust TPS. that stopd up and down reving but it still idles high at 3k. i have new gasket fotmanifolf so i thought its that. please some1 gimme some help! i hate not haveing my car running!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: intake manifold issues!!!!! help!!!!!

Did you try resetting the ecu? Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for about 5-10 minutes. Then, reconnect it and start your car. Let it idle for 5 minutes (don't worry about gas... it's the same amount of gas used to start your car 5 times lol). This lets your car "re-learn" it's idle parameters.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

ok i tried resetting ecu and letting it idle for 10 mins again.....still revs high but now its at 4k. ive replaced all vaccum lines now too. i was thinking if i am suppose to jump the service cable as i would if i were timing my car????? would that help?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

alrighty this last attemp was horrible. it ended up blowing coolant outta somewhere not sure yet.....looks like behind and under manifold

Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

check you throttle body to make sure its idle setting is good

Old 06-30-2007, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

k i checkd that but twisting the screw to change idle doesnt seem to affect it =(......im gonna try buying new TPS since it gave me a p0122 code now...its tps low input......im guessing sensor is bad

Old 07-01-2007, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

my 2000 ex didi the same thing, after i put the skunk2 intake manifold, and bbk throttle body on it. my problem was i didnt have anything covering the hole for the iat sensor on the side of the manifold. so i just put a bolt in it and it stopped.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

try cleaning the iacv valve on the back of the manifold. how is the slack in your throttle cable. You could very well possibly have your tps in the right spot and its reading the wrong resistance hence giving you an idle problem

Old 07-01-2007, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

k i check throttle cable and its nice and snug/no slack, i also checkd is iac valve works and it came out fine...as for the whole civtec00said it might help to plug up....i cannot find any whole

Old 07-01-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

k guys im glad to say my car is drive-able now...thx to all the ppl that helpd and special thx to civtec00.. i gave it a better look and found sensor whole on the side of manifold like u said...plugd it and now im still a bit high on rpm but its a safe 2k i say. i need to put in some oil cuz thers none in engine, it somehowdisapeared,and some more coolant..other than that it looks like im gonna make it...now...any tips on valve,valve springs, and retainer installs...theyre all skunk2 aswell

Quick Reply: intake manifold issues!!!!! help!!!!!