HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Intake mod chip - is it for real?? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/intake-mod-chip-real-9073/)

FastFwd 08-18-2005 04:43 AM

Intake mod chip - is it for real??

i bought this mod chip off ebay. it cost me 12 australian dollars, and it says it will give my engine an extra 10-15hp. to me a 12 dollar mod that would give me 10-15hp does not sound very straight. if that was the case everyone would be buying them and it would be sold in performance shops. but obviously it must have some effect on your car if the seller was to sell it. and i guess its not sold in performance shops because they dont agree with the product in some way, either its bad for your car or they just dont work.

i have gathered information that the chip attaches to your intake sensor and it confuses your standard ECU into thinking there is colder air going into your engine than there really is, and that it forses more fuel to push into your engine. to me that doesnt sound healthy. also aparently it makes your engine light stay on. i havent been told why but that doesnt seem good either.

heres a link of it on ebay with some more information.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Intake-mod-Ch...QQcmdZViewItem

im going to try this mod chip on my civic b16a2 and see if it really works. but if anyone can give me any info on it, weather i should bother putting it on or not. or maybe i should just chuck it out when i get it.

ngoti 8tor 08-18-2005 06:25 AM

RE: Intake mod chip - is it for real??

Mod chips are one product where you get what you pay for. Personally, I'd throw that one away before you damage your engine. IMO, that chip will probably only make your engine run rich.

StifflersMom 08-18-2005 07:03 AM

Just don't...it's been discussed on here a lot...run a search and you'll know exactly what kind of crap it does.

Street Sniper 08-18-2005 01:08 PM

You know, my JRSC has a relay on the manifold that senses boost, and at 1psi it sends a signal to the ECU that the incoming air is colder than it is so it will send more fuel. Ghetto.

Why are you putting $10 chips on a B16? Sac will have a fit if he sees this. Most of the guys that put this crap on their motor have d15's.

FastFwd 08-18-2005 07:48 PM

i bought it for 12 australian dollars. in US dollars thats roughly 8-9. It was crap all, i bought it for the hell of it. im getting a VAFC in 3 weeks anyways, i just wanted to get it to see if it was a pile of crap, which you now tell me it is so when i get it ill probably just chuck it out.

ngoti 8tor 08-18-2005 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: FastFwd
i bought it for the hell of it.

Next time, check on this forum before you buy something and you'll end up saving some cash.

Oh, and BTW, I have a nice piece of property on Mars for sale that you can turn into a race track ......cheap!

FastFwd 08-18-2005 11:05 PM

Oh, and BTW, I have a nice piece of property on Mars for sale that you can turn into a race track ......cheap!
hows about next time i dont ask on this forum if smart asses like you give comments like that. yes i am a noob and yes i am learning but it comes with trial and error. not with trial error then Criticism.

ngoti 8tor 08-19-2005 06:41 AM

It was crap all, i bought it for the hell of it. im getting a VAFC in 3 weeks anyways, i just wanted to get it to see if it was a pile of crap,
?????????????

Forty04 08-19-2005 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

It was crap all, i bought it for the hell of it. im getting a VAFC in 3 weeks anyways, i just wanted to get it to see if it was a pile of crap,
?????????????
Yeah, i spend money just to see if things are crap all the time!

On a serious note, YES the chip you bought is a P.O.S. You could throw it at someone, then you'd be getting SOME use out of it!

ngoti 8tor 08-19-2005 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04
Yeah, i spend money just to see if things are crap all the time!
[sm=exactly.gif]