Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

K&N FIPK Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:23 AM
HCF Member
Default K&N FIPK Air Intake

I am looking at this for my first "real" mod......any thoughts, opinions, snide remarks???

K&N FIPK

Old 08-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Default RE: K&N FIPK Air Intake

Any reason you chose a SRI over a CAI? CAI will give you a bit more power.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:38 PM
HCF Member

Sweet. I love K&N. But honestly I think $140 is a bit high seeing as how you are only getting a small peice of tube with the filter. Go to K&N's website and look for something and buy from them. There is no reason to buy from an e-bay merchant and pay his "middle-man" fees. If you can't find what you need for your car, e-mail or call them. Make sure to tell them that you are a HCF member.

Look for one with the heat sheild.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

Sweet. I love K&N. But honestly I think $140 is a bit high seeing as how you are only getting a small peice of tube with the filter. Go to K&N's website and look for something and buy from them. There is no reason to buy from an e-bay merchant and pay his "middle-man" fees. If you can't find what you need for your car, e-mail or call them. Make sure to tell them that you are a HCF member.

Look for one with the heat sheild.
I found the same item (specifically) on the K&N website for about $235........with that, I figured I was looking at a decent price. I have seen this one on EBAY also with a K&N filter......but I was concerned that it was a "too good to be true" item. I am new to this and trying to sort out what is good and what is not. I think I am interested in the SRI over the CIA....I don't think I will see a significant difference between the two....I am not planning to drag it....just play with it.

Do you think this "cheap-o" would be a reasonable first attempt???

Too Good to be True???

Old 08-28-2005, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

Sold.

That is perfect.

If you are worried about it, see if you can find feedback on the same item, but it looks sweet to me. I want one.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: trickyvick
Do you think this "cheap-o" would be a reasonable first attempt???
Too Good to be True???
That one is probably just as good as the K&N from eBay. They both have K&N filters.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-C...spagenameZWDVW

do it right the first time. CAI owns SRI intakes. Cold air is less dense, meaning you can get more air into each cylender, meaning more HP.

Old 08-28-2005, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

I don't know about owns, Sarge. Intake charge temps at speed are the same for both intakes. You only get cooler air at idle.

For the 200 that that CAI would cost him, he could get the K&N one for 60 and find a used DC header for the other 140.

SRI + header owns 200 dollar CAI. imho.

Old 08-28-2005, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

he could buy my AEM cold air intake for 40 bucks. DC header for 140, AND a full tank with the other 20$. lol

Old 08-28-2005, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

Sold

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK Air Intake