Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

looken for good quality header for cheap skate....99civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default looken for good quality header for cheap skate....99civic

i got my 99civic 2 months ago and after doing a few mods cleaning up the engine bay. one thing id realy like to have is a nice header exaust!
just the header.... i like my exaust stock quite so i can still creap
and the exaust system was just replaced so its perfect condition!
EX 2door coupe SOHC Vtec if that helps
i want something that will mainly look good!
ive seen some old headers that have had HORIBLE discolorations... id like something that stays looking good.
performance would be nice..... but im a cheap skate... so the cheaper the beter!

the cars already taken all my cash.LOL so money is realy tight...... just trying to go pay check to pay check now.. so far ive just done cheap cold air intake and just maintance work with a few other mods, lights and tint and new stereo system.

im not looking at racing this car cause the main reason i bought it was for the good gas milage! twice as much as my truck was geting.LOL
next thing ill buy is those strut bar links or what ever they are called just for the upper engine bay for now. but any more cheap ideas please let me know! and after the nice header ill be swaping out the cheap filter for a larger K&N filter

Old 06-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Default RE: looken for good quality header for cheap skate....99civic

modding isnt cheap so id forget about that looking for a cheap header anyway. might get to hot and warp your heads and then you need to get head work done. just pay the money. if ur gonna be cheap, its gonna take a loooooong time to do what you want.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 AM

u get what u pay for. save for quality produts even if ur not having big plans for it.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

what would you guys recomend then?
i want something that will keep its good looks at least most of it for along time.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:37 PM

Ceramic coated.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

what would you guys recomend then?
i want something that will keep its good looks at least most of it for along time.
thats a lil tough. ceramic headers sometimes get brown spots(rust i figure) and stainless steel can get a warped kinda look to them. i have dc sport ceramic 4-2-1 headers, they have a couple of those small brown spots but they work great.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

hum... guess ill have to just paint em every now and then and just paint em black.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

Do it right the FIRST TIME!!! Get a DC ceramic coated header. If you cheap out it'll just cost your more in the long run.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:19 PM

I dunno about painting them, you'll definately have to get high temp paint and even then you may still have issues w/ paint cracking etc. If you get ceramic coated and do the install w/ a pair of gloves on you should not get the brown spots, they are from oil from fingers burning on the header.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thanks for the advice.

now will the ceramic headers turn colors or is that just the stainless steel headers that do that?

and besides the one and two piece header designs. i see how the two piece would be easier to instal, but is thier realy any gain difference?

and where the cheapest place to buy a nice header?

id love to get a flat black power coated if it would last longer than cheap engine paint......

Quick Reply: looken for good quality header for cheap skate....99civic