Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Looking for a hugh flow cat converter

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:12 PM
HCF Member
Default Looking for a hugh flow cat converter

Im now in the market for a kick *** cat converter. But here is my problem, I want it to sound more like a sports car than a pissed off lawn mower. Im also thinking about getting a flow master muffler. People tell me that it WOULD really make it sound like a lawnmower. I disagree, I had a 95 240sx se manual with a flowmaster and it sounded like a porsche!! Anybody have any input on this?

Old 01-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Looking for a hugh flow cat converter

ill add....im thikning about after i rebuild my motor having a custom exasut done...3 inch high flow cat with 3 inch piping and a magnaflow muffler..what do you guys think?

Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

3 inch is too big for your motor, unless you have FI. go with 2.5 inch. an dive never heard flows on a civic, but i have a similar muffler, an di hate it. the powers not as good as with a normal system made for your car either. go with the Greddy SP2, its a bit louder than the EVO2, but not too loud or Ricey.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:17 PM

My brother had and sold an '89 Accord LXi that had a flowmaster. It sounded good, nice and throaty, but not from every angle. Never heard one on a Civic, though.

Also, yes, 3" is too big for a Civic. I would go 2 1/4" (I've seen instances where even 2.5" is too big).

Old 01-14-2005, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Does flowermaster muffler have that american muscle deep tone mixed with the typical import sound???? I just got off flowmaster website i listen to one of the Integra sample sound and kinda sounded like there is mix in the sound to me. Flowermaster probaly the only muffler i heard that doesn't have a lot of high pitch sound like any other muffler. Even the best muffler other have a little high pitch sound but not much as cheap brand one.

Also why do american car have that really low deep aggressive sound while import doesn't?????

Old 01-14-2005, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

C.I.D. cubic inch displacement. (that and they dont hit the crazy *** redlines we do.)

Old 01-14-2005, 11:42 PM
HCF Member

yea, also 8 cylinders instead of 4

Old 01-15-2005, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

So if i get a bigger displacement Ill have a little of the american muscle tone???

Old 01-15-2005, 02:31 AM

Does flowermaster muffler have that american muscle deep tone mixed with the typical import sound????
My bro's just sounded completely throaty (no import sound) but that's an A20A3, so it's a completely different breed.

yea, also 8 cylinders instead of 4
same thing as C.I.D. (more is more...)

So if i get a bigger displacement Ill have a little of the american muscle tone???
You'd need to get up to about 2.5~3L before you would start to drop the tone significantly and eliminate most of the rice-iness.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

yea, mine was a little throaty too with me ole nissan. I loved that car so much. I was too broke to fix its maintence problems. That thing was really rare, it had the 5 spoke wheels, black leather, stick, white gauges. Man it was one bad *** sled. I actually beat a 5.0 mustang once. I think mainly because Im a master at the shift and the other guy was granny shifting that SOB all the way. But I think Im going to take on for the team and get the Flowmaster and record its sound then give it to you guys.... how bout next week? BTW, Im going to take the advice and go with 2.5 inch pipes also

Quick Reply: Looking for a hugh flow cat converter