Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Looking for LOUD catback exhaust for my Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Question Looking for LOUD catback exhaust for my Honda Civic EX

I am looking for a cat back exhaust system for my civic. i want it to be loud with an agressive low sound (some sound like dirtbikes). any suggestions??

Old 08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Administrator

usually loud AND aggressive and nice sounding dont go together too well. stick with something deep like magnaflow with a nice resonator.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, there is no exhaust that is going to give a 4 banger that deep v8 roar. I say go with a deep/not-so-loud exhaust like magnaflow, it has a nice tone even if its not LOUD. Some say the skunk2 exhausts are really loud but a pretty deep tone, you could look into that if you really want something louder.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

if you want loud take off the exhaust from the header back. ther you go loud and obnoxious.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

That has actually happened to me haha, not purposefully but the center pipe blew out right at a weld after the cat (in dx cat is part of header), so exhaust was coming straight out of the header. It was ALOT louder than my friends car with 2.5" piping and 4" tip. It was not a pleasant noise at all tho, an annoying/loud drone whenever you got anywhere near wide open throttle, and the lower rpms were actually louder and more annoying than higher ones so daily driving sucked, had to use the jetta for a few days till the exhaust got fixed. You may think you want LOUD but it will just get annoying, fast, go for a nice deep tone rather than loud

Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

If you want a deep and pointless looking exhaust, look into dual exhaust.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

if you want loud go with a 2.5 inch with no resonator and a fart can.
if you want loud and agressive go with 2.5 inch a good resonator and a stock looking exhaust....like the 44 mufflers, etc.
if you want loud as a **** and get pulled over all the time go with 2.5, high flow cat (or no cat, louder), no resonator and a fart can.
i thought my 02 civic with 2.25 inch exhaust no resonator and 3 inch fart can sounded good.....and i got alot of people that felt the same.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

loud and obnoxious go cut a hole in your muffler and if you want it to look nice add a muffler tip.

low and nice deep tone, greddy sp2 or apexi ws2 with magnaflow direct fit cat and some performance header, dc 4-2-1.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:39 AM

ok what about if i got exhaust and added headers or a CAI i hurd that makes for an intimidating sound

Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
loud and obnoxious go cut a hole in your muffler and if you want it to look nice add a muffler tip.

low and nice deep tone, greddy sp2 or apexi ws2 with magnaflow direct fit cat and some performance header, dc 4-2-1.
and a SRI would help, Injen, AEM, Weapon R

-exhaust
-header, not headers
-intake
-high flow cat converter

do not buy cheap parts if you get any of these, stick with well known name brand.

Quick Reply: Looking for LOUD catback exhaust for my Honda Civic EX